things that piss you off about crickets...

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
personally, they way they happily lay eggs in a stressful environment where they could get eaten, (the t tank), but when u tranfer them into a container to breed. they sit there! argh....

if u cant tell, my cricket farm is off to a horrible start. i guess ill harvest the crickets that hatch in my tank...oh well.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Paladin,
That is what I do, especially in my avic tanks were the crikets dont desturb the tarantula. The females will lay their eggs before being eaten and the ill just collect the babies 3 weeks later. Simple as that.

Sincerely

Brandon

Last edited:

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've noticed the same thing....

I would suggest setting up a tarantula tank with a large plastic spider in it and using that for cricket breeding. Also chase the females around with a forceps every day or two, to keep the stress level up. Should have tons of pinheads in no time.

:}

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol! i guess they like the "fear factor". maybe it gives them a rush going through labor before being eaten.

so far i have collected on one egg. that egg was on the crickets ovipositor when i took it out.

oh well in three weeks ill check up on it

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by Joanie
I've noticed the same thing....

I would suggest setting up a tarantula tank with a large plastic spider in it and using that for cricket breeding. Also chase the females around with a forceps every day or two, to keep the stress level up. Should have tons of pinheads in no time.

:}
lol! thats to funny, worm man.com has a good section on breeding crickets if you already have'nt checked it out.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see them laying eggs.
Never see hatchlings.
But I do see snacking spiders....

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hehehe, haven't you guys seen the simpsons episode where Marge and Homer finds more pleasurable sex when under the fear of being caught?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
can i add one more?

...the single mature male cricket that managed to escape..
and lives under the dresser where the cats/I cannot get it, and chooses to chirp the night away, much to my annoyance...
I wish I could get ahold of it, I would be hard pressed not to toss it to the cat before I put it in the T's tank....
stupid CHIRPing cricket...

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Not only did I have crix that laid eggs, but I also had HUNDREDS of baby crix ((they are sooo cute)) which most of them I raised to adulthood. ! I was so proud ! :) I love the chirping except when it wakes me up so I move the tarantulas to another room while the chirpers are still alive.

T

Tarantula

I think my least favorite thing about crickets is when they chirp and make it impossible for everybody in our household to sleep. It makes me want to destroy them.

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
call me crazy but i think im gonna move my crickets into my room where its warm. Hopefully this will cause them to chirp...i love it!

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Stupid crickets!

Can't stand the noise, I keep them far away from
my room.
I've never had them breed in any tank T tank or lizard.
What I hate about them is that they are hard to
catch, even in that dumb cricket cup!
I swear they enjoy making me mad, maybe I'm crazy.;P

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tell me where, did you sleep, last night..

Horrible little buggers; they can let loose an army if micro-crickets in your terrarium, forcing you to remove all soil and replace it, they kill each other all the time, they chirp and their damned chriping goes through walls, they are annoying to try to catch when they have to be removed from an enclosure, ESPECIALLY when you can't move certain things in the enclosure, and they smell bad.
If any one my two T's ever start to eat again, I'm gonna find whatever else there is and try to use it as a staple-diet.
Oh and they bite too, or at least they try to.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: Stupid crickets!

Originally posted by sunnymarcie
Can't stand the noise, I keep them far away from
my room.
I've never had them breed in any tank T tank or lizard.
What I hate about them is that they are hard to
catch, even in that dumb cricket cup!
I swear they enjoy making me mad, maybe I'm crazy.;P
I have found a nice trick to catch them I've made a scetch but it's in Bitmap so you'll have to download it: www.geocities.com/genious_gr/cricketcatch

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
My least favorite thing is that they are so damn creepy..
Peace,
Gillian

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I dislike how they 'spit' at you before crushing their heads. And when you do crush their heads, and portion them with scissors: they still kick your slings.

-V