Things that bug you in the hobby

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Oh new thing that bugs me: when people make fun of others for naming their Ts. Like, we get it you have so many that it would be a hassle to do it, or you think it's immature. But what's it hurt? People are having fun.
I couldn't agree more. The vast majority of my inverts do not have names, but my "crown jewels" get the name treatment. Only about 10 have names, and they're the ones that I'd keep if I absolutely had to get rid of my collection.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
People who edit (mainly oversaturate) photos of their already beautifully colored T’s.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Good luck getting people to call it that :rolleyes:;)
If people loves to have a bath into the 'ignorance' (btw, ignorance is the 'vessel' of all disgraces) swamp, like a lovely boar into the first wood, isn't my fault :pompous:

As a former Italian Liceo Classico student and a traditionalist, my duty is to stick to correct terms/nomenclature: whatever it takes :bored:

That's why I call 'tarantulas' Theraphosidae... only because 'tarantula/s' was and is today worldwide accepted doesn't make that correct.

:playful: :)

John2097

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
People who think spiders are disgusting. Have you ever post something on social media. And there’s is always one friend/ people comment: ewww, kill, release it outside, etch :(
Hey ts never failed to fascinate me. There’s always something new keeping them :)

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
People who think spiders are disgusting. Have you ever post something on social media. And there’s is always one friend/ people comment: ewww, kill, release it outside, etch :(
Hey ts never failed to fascinate me. There’s always something new keeping them :)
The fact that people feel the need to post comments like that is just lame. I respect that some people don't like spiders (as a former arachnophobe myself), but it would be appreciated if they'd not have to say all that crap in the comments when we clearly love our spiders.

I mean, I don't like dogs very much, but I don't go around commenting bad things on their pictures if I see them. Imagine the reaction if I copied them and commented 'kill it with fire' on one of those. I'd get practically lynched through my phone screen. (Just to be clear, I would never do that and I disapprove of it. Also I don't wish death or suffering or anything like that to dogs; they're just too energetic for me.)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
The fact that people feel the need to post comments like that is just lame. I respect that some people don't like spiders (as a former arachnophobe myself), but it would be appreciated if they'd not have to say all that crap in the comments when we clearly love our spiders.

I mean, I don't like dogs very much, but I don't go around commenting bad things on their pictures if I see them. Imagine the reaction if I copied them and commented 'kill it with fire' on one of those. I'd get practically lynched through my phone screen. (Just to be clear, I would never do that and I disapprove of it. Also I don't wish death or suffering or anything like that to dogs; they're just too energetic for me.)
The people that comment that stuff are all morons seeking attention.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Why don't they make six foot tweezers,with spider guards....and responding to old threads:D.

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
Why don't they make six foot tweezers,with spider guards....and responding to old threads:D.
I don't really think there's anything wrong with bringing this thread back, its not like theres any need for another one, and its only from July?

thebronzedragon

Arachnosquire
I totally agree, I am OK with dogs but I don't like how they can be attention hogs and can get pretty annoying if not trained properly. I also don't like how dog owners expect you to love their dogs. My friend recently got a Bernese mountain dog and he obsesses over her, he always expects me to freak out and cuddle her every time I see her. The one time I said I didn't really like his dog because it is super poorly trained he freaked out and got mad at me. I also don't like that when I say I don't really like dogs, they say "Well, I don't like any of your pets". I don't care if you like my pets, I like my pets and that's all that matters. (Sorry for the rant)

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
As for things that bother me about the hobby I definitely hate the "Oh I've been keeping tarantulas for 25 years, I know what I'm doing and you don't," mentality. Sure that's a lot of time but you can always improve your skill set as a keeper.

Clareesi

Arachnopeon
My own inability to easily catch my T's food. Stupid crickets. Stupid red runners. Stupid wiggly worms.

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
@Torech Ungol you clicked disagree on the post quoted below. Can you tell me what my true opinion on this subject is? :p
Based off of the emote, I think you may be joking here. If so, it went over my head, unfortunately. If not... then I have no idea how to respond without that response coming across (completely unintentionally) as snarky or dickish. My apologies.