thick-legged question

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
while admiring my tarantulas, i can't help but be drawn to the powerful thickness in their front four legs. however, in contrast to this mighty beefiness, the back four legs look all skinny and weak. i know some species (king baboon and stout leg) of tarantula have impressively huge hind legs and feet, so naturally i would assume that other terrestrial spiders would have adopted the same big-leg, big-feet, their dirt-pushing cousins have, but instead, they have these itsy-bitsy, heroin-sheek skinny back legs.

why?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only trned I have noticed is that arboreals have very thick legs right down near the ends and it is cute.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
the leg difference is most obvious on my a. geniculata. the bigger she gets, the more i notice it. she's got these sweet, poofy front legs, but her back legs remind me of unshaven crackheads who beg me for money whenever i'm in georgetown...

Last edited:

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
possibly my a. geni could use some calf and foot implants?

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Krystal

:rolleyes: Krystal, you should see my Chinese Earthtiger...her legs are the beefiest I have ever seen on a tarantula...they are extremely thick and stocky....really cool looking...and I have a 5 inch A.geniculata that I have raised from a half inch sling...she is a beautiful and hungry spider!! I will have to look at her legs to see just how stocky they really are though!!

The Evil Spider Hunter