They're here!

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
My spiders came!
They are all so tiny! I knew they would be tiny, but they're so tiny! Healthy though! I'll take pictures later after they've had some time to settle in. Thanks to all who gave me unboxing advice. That part went smoothly.

My husband's seven legged B. smithi (zippy little guy)
My GBB (so cooperative)
My B. albopilosum (just wants to hide right now)

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Well GBB grow quite good with your brachys it will take some time. Personally I like to watch T's grow so it's not a problem to buy slings.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Great choices! Not a bad one in the bunch. Albos are always sweethearts, but don't expect that GBB to stay docile for long!

Feed all of them like there's no tomorrow, but especially that smithi. Regrowing a leg takes a lot of energy ;)

Last edited:

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Great choices! Not a bad one in the bunch. Albos are always sweethearts, but don't expect that GBB to stay docile for long!

Feed all of them like there's no tomorrow, but especially that smithi. Regrow ingredients a leg takes a lot of energy ;)
I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. Slings take pre-killed well, yes? I'm going the feeding them bits of superworms.
I don't expect anything from any of them as far as personality goes. The GBB just meandered so peacefully into its new home. The other two had to be coaxed a bit.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. Slings take pre-killed well, yes? I'm going the feeding them bits of superworms.
They will happily eat prekilled, yes. I primarily feed slings prekilled for one reason - it allows you to feed them massive meals much larger than themselves.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I don't have a fancy camera yet. Just my iPad, so these were the best pictures I could get. Sorry they're not that great! >.<
C. cyaneopubesens way prettier in person, of course. image.jpeg B. smithi This guy did not want to go in there. I only just managed to put him in at all, but for now, he can keep that bit of paper towel. image.jpeg
Id love to post a picture of the B. albopilosum, but it's in its little hide and I'm not about to disturb the little dear.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The color change in the C. cyaneopubesens as it matures is one of my all time favorites. It's been a while since my B.smithi and B.albopilosum were that small. Great Ts for starting out. Good luck.

Last edited:

louise f

Arachnoangel
Nice ones you picked <3 Congratz and i hope you will enjoy the T`s as much as the rest of us here. ;)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Congrats on the new acquisitions! Hopefully your B. albopilosum shows a bit more character than mine does haha. Do you know if it's the hobby form or the Nicaraguan form?

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I was told by the seller to not let them drop below 78 degrees for the first 48 hours. My bedroom is fairly warm, so I put them in there, but is it really necessary?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I was told by the seller to not let them drop below 78 degrees for the first 48 hours. My bedroom is fairly warm, so I put them in there, but is it really necessary?
Never heard anything about that. Back earlier in the summer when I received many Ts the apartment I was staying at was around 72 and they were fine.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Another question; they were each fed about a week ago. Should I try and feed them tonight, or wait till tomorrow as the seller suggested?

DeanK

Arachnosquire
I've always seen it recommended to wait a day or 2 to allow the sling to acclimate to it's new home but I'm an impatient person and fed mine the same day. I see no harm in it especially as you're gonna be feeding them prekilled worms