They went through an awful lot of trouble...

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
A little bit of a duhhhhh there. They flooded the chamber with CO2... Want to enter a room flooded with CO2 without wearing your SCBA? They also probably have regulations that firmly state what is to be worn under what circumstance. Knowing Germans, that is almost a certainty. The rule being going back for your equipment is grade AAA stupid. Always go prepared for any situation.

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
I wonder how a German family would dress if they went on a vacation to Brazil. Full suits of armor and bastard swords i presume

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I wonder how a German family would dress if they went on a vacation to Brazil. Full suits of armor and bastard swords i presume
If you want to generalize an entire culture in word or phrase, meticulous best describes Germans.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That is the link I meant to post, thanks. trying to post from my phone sometimes poses these little problems.
I can't believe that they went through all that trouble for a spider. It seems to me that a single person with a can of bug spray could have accomplished the same thing. Of course they could have posted an ad for them on here and they might have made a few bucks, and in the end they could be sure that there weren't any more in there.