These two are killing me

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
They are worse than middle schoolers at a dance. These guys are driving me crazy how shy and skittish they both are. IMG_20160907_125814846.jpg
Anyone had success with B albopilosum? Think I should try a cool down or something?

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Any tapping? or courtship?
Very little. The male will tap indecently but only if he isn't disturbed AT ALL if I take him and put him in the females enclosure he turns into a house plant and huddles in a corner

louise f

Arachnoangel
@Haksilence I had succes on breeding those a couple of years ago, they are pretty easy to deal with.
But my friend :) has the male made spermweb yet, and do they seem a bit interested in each other. Or is it just completely mission impossible :D

No need to cool down at all. I never done that, and mine mates just fine anyways :D

Look at this beautiful girl with her sac :kiss: And the finish result too :)

CIMG4661 (1).JPG

CIMG4778.JPG
CIMG4777 (1).JPG CIMG4810 (1).JPG

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
The males made 3 seperate sperm webs that I know of in the last month or so. They show interest but are VERY shy/skittish to any and all disturbances. Right now I have a modified shark tank setup that I'll have to take a picture of eventually. It's a 25g long tote that u have filled with sub and allow the female free reign and have the nales enclosure buried into the sub so the lip of his enclosure is level with the sub, so all I have to do is open his enclosure and wait for him to go explore

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
The female is very exploitative, and the male is very reclusive so he doesn't eagerly leave his enclosure and the female constantly wanders out of the enclosure while I'm waiting for the male. It's a nightmare

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
@louise f have you been keeping them with suplimental moisture at all? My t room maintains like 30% humidity and I've been providing then with a water dish only, no moss no damp sub

louise f

Arachnoangel
@louise f have you been keeping them with suplimental moisture at all? My t room maintains like 30% humidity and I've been providing then with a water dish only, no moss no damp sub
I had the sub a little moist in the side of the enclosure where the water dish were. But other than that nope my friend. :)

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
No she was purchased recently, (a month or so ago) but the person I bought from showed me a photo confirming female

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
@Thistles at this point I'm just having my fingers crossed that Douglas has more spunk
Douglas is the hobby form. Those guys look like the new WC ones, so you probably shouldn't mix them. Sometimes if you have a reluctant male, you can let him get warmed up on the exuvia of a female. Austin S. told me that trick, and I used it with a reluctant Nhandu chromatus to great effect. I have an exuvia of a fresh WC Nicaraguan albo, so I can send it to you if you get really desperate. Do you know when she last molted? It could be that she's just not receptive because she's late in her molt cycle.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Douglas is the hobby form. Those guys look like the new WC ones, so you probably shouldn't mix them. Sometimes if you have a reluctant male, you can let him get warmed up on the exuvia of a female. Austin S. told me that trick, and I used it with a reluctant Nhandu chromatus to great effect. I have an exuvia of a fresh WC Nicaraguan albo, so I can send it to you if you get really desperate. Do you know when she last molted? It could be that she's just not receptive because she's late in her molt cycle.
Yes they are both Nicaraguan. Thanks for the heads up I thought douglas was as well for some reason. The female molted July 24th.
That's a nifty trick! I'll have to keep that one in mind. I don't think I'm that desperate yet but I'll keep it in mind, if i still don't have any luck this weekend I'll take you up on that.

Yeah everything should be fine. Both are in a good place in their molt cycles it's just another bum male, as you know I have bad luck with mentally defective males

louise f

Arachnoangel
@Haksilence You could if you`re fresh and up for it, let them mate somewhere else than the females enclosure, maybe it helps the male grow a pair. :D

I have done it on the table before with some species to encourage the male to get the job done :)

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Hahaha, well, I have a bunch of 1i OBTs with your name on them. I'll include the molt when I ship them. Yours are both fresh enough that waiting a little bit won't hurt at all.

Maybe I'll send her, too. Double the pleasure, double the fun.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Try to throw blood (cricket blood on this case) upon the female like in 'Carrie' movie (the old one) and she will turn into a sex beast u_u