Red Claw Scorpion $12
Golden Devil Scorpion $19.99
Rusty Thicktail Scorpion (B. jacksoni) $29.99
Cb Rusty Thicktail Scorpion (B. jacksoni) $25
Emperor Scorpion $6.99
Tanzanian Tail-Less Whip Scorpion (Cave Spider) $19.99
Tanzanian Neon Blue Leg Centipede $19.99
Haitian Giant Centipede $26

I am a beginner looking for a aggressive scorpion, but not to the extent that it can kill me... Which out of these would be best for me? and if you have the time can you tell me some about the other ones. I most likely will get the Redclaw over the emp because i hear it is more aggressive? Any of the other ones cool? :?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are horrible prices , I would go for B jacksoni off of that list...

But pay nowhere near 29.99 each for one..

Send me a message and I will be more then happy to send you some youngin's with proper care sheets and the works my friend !

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dude, you'd be lookin' to pay $40 dolllars just for an emperor here in the U.K. (store prices):(

I want all those scorps, but it would bankrupt me:( :(

I must find better suppliers

Happy huntin':)

Damo

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Noting you are a beginner, i would advise staying away from the first two scorps on your list. Both are listed as 3 or 4 out of 5 on the venom scale and while an accidental envenomation might not cause death, it will certainly hurt more so than being tagged by something lower on the scale.

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dude, you'd be lookin' to pay $40 dolllars just for an emperor here in the U.K. (store prices):(

Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, there's only TWO petstores that ever carry P.Imperator (or ever even consider it). One's a 'mom and pop' type, and one is only one Pets Unlimited store. The first charges $30 for theirs. The scorps are younger, and it's where I got mine. Pets Unlimited here charges $50 for theirs, and the ones they had in the last time I was there, I was told were fully matured adults. Why in the blue hells would I pay $50 for that?

And while I've glanced at a few Canadian distributers, it seems the best place for me to get them would be from below the border. But, I don't know how getting them across said border works, if it's at all possible, or how much that would cost.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, there's only TWO petstores that ever carry P.Imperator (or ever even consider it). One's a 'mom and pop' type, and one is only one Pets Unlimited store. The first charges $30 for theirs. The scorps are younger, and it's where I got mine. Pets Unlimited here charges $50 for theirs, and the ones they had in the last time I was there, I was told were fully matured adults. Why in the blue hells would I pay $50 for that?

And while I've glanced at a few Canadian distributers, it seems the best place for me to get them would be from below the border. But, I don't know how getting them across said border works, if it's at all possible, or how much that would cost.
I'll refer you to this thread in the Canadian forums. More precisely to what Tarcan posted

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=96507

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those are horrible prices , I would go for B jacksoni off of that list...

But pay nowhere near 29.99 each for one..

Send me a message and I will be more then happy to send you some youngin's with proper care sheets and the works my friend !
Hey weren't you trying to sell me for 35 a piece?;)

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey weren't you trying to sell me for 35 a piece?;)
He (my brother) was probably assuming (perhaps wrongly) that those were prices for babies, in which case it is ridiculous. But for an adult it seems reasonable, especially if it is CB.

We need to start signing our posts i suppose. Although, if you couldn't tell, Adam is the younger brother and uses a lot of smilies in his posts :) While I tend to type in well thought out paragraphs, he verges on stream of consciousness posting. Thus explaining the some what schizophrenic nature of our posts and private messages.

edit: Save your humorous gifs for later quiz! As far as I know the only thing he would be trying to sell for $35 is an adult captive born breeding/gravid pair, which I think is a fair price ;)

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As far as those prices go, some are reasonable and some are not. I managed to find CB B. jacksoni for $5 each (but some may consider that a steal, and "CB" may have meant "WC moms that popped"). Those were also 2nd and 3rd instar, though (and still alive and well -- four out of five have molted).

The price for the emp is great -- adults around here range around $20. I picked up a tailless whip at an expo for $15, so $19 isn't bad.

The centipede prices are pretty good for babies. For adults, they're steals.

Now, as for scorps . . . B. jacksoni in my limited experience are agressive towards prey as well as being beautiful animals. The venom isn't particularly scary for being a buthid. I've also heard the same as you regarding the different Pandinus species with red-claws being more aggressive than emps.

By the way Quiz, that GIF made me laugh. :D