There is a black spot on my Aphonopelma seemanni leg

Drenthrium

Arachnopeon
I've had my Seemani for about 4 or 5 weeks after I got her from a petshop where she would always stay in defensive position on the corner. Today I've noticed this black spot on her leg.
http://imgur.com/yptfLvd that is how it looks like, it's on her inner leg.
I don't know if that's a bruise or if she needs to molt. Please help me.

Attachments

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't see what you're inquiring about on that picture, sorry?

But aside that I'd change the substrate of the enclosure. A. seemanni tend to burrow in the wild and thus should be allowed to do so in captivity as well. Use top soil - not that horrible coco peat. She looks stressed the way she sits in that corner.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
As @Storm76 said, this species usually burrows so it should be offered MUCH more substrate. (it may take quite a while after having the option of burrowing before it actually does though...)

The substrate also needs changed. Topsoil is probably the cheapest and easiest option. It also holds a burrow better than most alternatives that people use.

It looks like you are using either the 'chunky' coconut husk or wood chips. Those can be overly abrasive on the underside of the abdomen and also, Tarantulas tend not to like walking on them. Something finer should be used such as Topsoil (with out any additives: fertilizer, manure, pesticides, fungicides, etc), coconut fiber (The FINE stuff), or peat, would be the most commonly used options. Vermiculite can be mixed in to other substrates for moisture retention but should not be used by itself because it does not allow a firm enough surface for the spider to comfortably walk on and burrows will collapse.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
The black spot appears to be a place on the leg where hairs have been rubbed off, nothing to worry about at all. My E. murinus has a lot of those black spots until her last molt. Your A. seemanni will look good as new next molt. Tarantulas don’t really get bruises...

I second what everyone else has said about her enclosure. Give her some room to burrow. I gave mine a good 7”-8” of substrate and she dug straight to the bottom, haven’t really seen her outside since. Would you mind posting a picture of the full setup to see if there’s anything else we can help you with?:)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I've had my Seemani for about 4 or 5 weeks after I got her from a petshop where she would always stay in defensive position on the corner. Today I've noticed this black spot on her leg.
http://imgur.com/yptfLvd that is how it looks like, it's on her inner leg.
I don't know if that's a bruise or if she needs to molt. Please help me.
Danny Phantom fan !!! One of my favorite shows !

As mentioned , you should change the substrate.

The blackened area appears to be where Setae was rubbed off.

Drenthrium

Arachnopeon
Oh thank you all for the words! I'm going to change the substrate right away for peat or mixed vermiculite. And thanks darkness I'm glad you like it too!.

Drenthrium

Arachnopeon
IMG_20180812_221330.jpg
I completely changed the substrate to peat moss and a bit of fine coco fiber, buried her hide so she won't get harmed, put temperature and humidity sensors and all that she has been doing lately instead of trying to escape or being on a corner is laying on her ophistoma on the ground and eating.
Also he's webbing everything now.