Theraphosinae sp Colombia

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You are though lol. The spiderling you linked to on Martins page is not the same thing as the adult that I linked to. That's why it doesn't look like Chromatopelma lol. Are you on Facebook? We are talking about this spider.... https://www.facebook.com/spidershoppoland/posts/1249283855106833?pnref=story

I saw that....

and this http://www.tarantulacanada.ca/pic.php?active=info&p=Tnae sp1 S

As I said, I looked at all of Martin's images.

Regardless it doesn't mean the T belongs in the GBB genus. That's all I ever said really.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't disagree, all I'm really saying is that there is a good chance that it is lol.

Later, Tom

AH I see, not sure why I didn't see before.

They are dead ringers for GBBs like you said at that size. But I don't think that's enough. Science will tell us!

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
I don't disagree, all I'm really saying is that there is a good chance that it is lol.

Later, Tom
I am going to agree with Tom. I have looked at several photos of slings - adult of the two specimen as well as fasciatum slings-adult and carapace structure relative to size and shape. The Theraphosinae sp. kolumbia appearance is closer to GBB. However, at this time with out clear study and evidence it will obviously stay as unidentified and may remain that way for some time like many other unidentified spiders in the hobby. Perhaps a new Genus/species all together and I look forward to receiving them in a few weeks as they are truly another beautiful tarantula.

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
well, look at M balfouri and M lambertoni, they look nothing alike as adults, but are still in the same genus.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There was never an argument.

Tom and I had a difference of semantics about saying the same thing, that's all.
I know I was just stirring up the pot.

I'm also getting one of these fine beauties, look into the future as it's near I'll be posting photos of this species. Same with the Pamphobeteus sp. "Solaris.

Wait until the common name is revealed and I wonder what people will say about it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know I was just stirring up the pot.

I'm also getting one of these fine beauties, look into the future as it's near I'll be posting photos of this species. Same with the Pamphobeteus sp. "Solaris.

Wait until the common name is revealed and I wonder what people will say about it.
Post pics as it matures.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
well, look at M balfouri and M lambertoni, they look nothing alike as adults, but are still in the same genus.
Well I agree , it's probably a poor example though as lambertoni is excepted to be moved out of the Monocentropus genus ;)
Oh nice teaser! Can I guess ? How about the "Yellow Bottle Gold Tarantula" lol.

Later, Tom

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I agree , it's probably a poor example though as lambertoni is excepted to be moved out of the Monocentropus genus ;)

Oh nice teaser! Can I guess ? How about the "Yellow Bottle Gold Tarantula" lol.

Later, Tom
@Philth that sounds to much like the "Green Bottle Blue", nice try though.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Googly eye tarantula. Pretty sweet spider nonetheless!