Theraphosinae sp. Blue

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
So I just purchased a 1.5" female specimen of this species and am wondering about the care for them. Does anyone have any experience on this species? I know they're from Chile so I'm asumming the care's like any Chilean terrestrial species - G rosea, H chilense... Peru so I'm assuming the care is like any Peruvian terrestrial species.
I'm wondering if they have any special moisture requirements? I've heard ppl originally thought Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens were kept moist since they're from Venezuela but later found they need bone dry sub w/ a water dish. So just wanna double check if there's a special moisture requirement for them with you guys. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I'm wondering if they have any special moisture requirements? I've heard ppl originally thought Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens were kept moist since they're from Venezuela but later found they need bone dry sub w/ a water dish. So just wanna double check if there's a special moisture
This is a very bad misconception.

They kept them moist because their climate is very humid (they are surrounded by water), but to be humid it doesn't necesarily mean that the substrate should be moist, in fact their substrate is considered xeric (almost doesn't rain).

Same happens with avics, and every one knows what happened.

To keep them humid, depending on the enclosure a small moist spot or even a water dish alone can be enough, keeping the rest dry/drier.

In bigger enclosures a higher amount of moist spots are required regularly.

But all of this will be determined by your climatic conditions and your enclosure type.

Regarding to your T, comes from a pretty humid climate.

To replicate it, simply get a nice bag of topsoil, with peat and clay, and offer her different spots with different moisture levels, always having a nice ventilation, nothing else.

Simply add moisture when it dries, not following useless schedules. Moist it, let it dry, repeat.

Last edited: