Theraphosinae panama

Tambay

Arachnopeon
Hello friends, I have pre ordered some T. Panamas and I was wondering what the proper maintenance for them. What is there expected lifespan? And when can I breed them?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Terrestrial setups. Slings should be kept on damp sub. Juvies/adults are fine with you overflowing the water dish and repeating when it dries out.

Not 100% sure about lifespan as my first was male and my current 2 are juvies, wouldn't expect much more than a decade out of females, males around 3-4 years.

Females max out at around 4" IIRC so you should be able to breed somewhere around the 3" to 3.5" mark

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I remember seeing some great past threads on this species, definitely use the search function to dig up the existing info!

Have you bred spiders before? If not, just focus on keeping them alive at first. It'll be years until they're big enough to breed, you'll have plenty of time to do research as they grow.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I have two slings and keep part of the sub moist and part dry which has worked out for me.

I suspect one has a sucking stomach or fang issues from the last molt and hasn’t eaten in months, but both have a strong food drive; once they know food is around they pounce. A majority of the time they pounce the water dish when it’s being filled.

Both prefer to be out in the open vs using hides. Overall care seems pretty straight forward and not any different than a majority of my T’s.