Theraphosidae sp panama

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Just picked a little sling up, any tips appreciated specifically around moisture levels, I imagine they aren't arid species.
Next the name i keep finding theraphosinae and theraphosidae.. which is it?
Thanks in advance!

Jess S

Arachnobaron
It's Theraphosinae.
Hands down my favourite species. They look badass!
I have a couple of young slings and I find they appreciate moist substrate. Actually all the sub is moist for mine as they never used the premade burrows. They just webbed over the top.
Also find them to be very good eaters.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just picked a little sling up, any tips appreciated specifically around moisture levels, I imagine they aren't arid species.
Next the name i keep finding theraphosinae and theraphosidae.. which is it?
Thanks in advance!
Great species!

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
It's Theraphosinae.
Hands down my favourite species. They look badass!
I have a couple of young slings and I find they appreciate moist substrate. Actually all the sub is moist for mine as they never used the premade burrows. They just webbed over the top.
Also find them to be very good eaters.
Hes quite small and pricey, my gf really wanted one so I got it, I personally cannot see the colors very well, but ill enjoy caring for him either way. I cut a meal worm in half and dropped in the half into his new enclosure, he is as we speak nomming on it!

sloth

Arachnoknight
Hes quite small and pricey, my gf really wanted one so I got it, I personally cannot see the colors very well, but ill enjoy caring for him either way. I cut a meal worm in half and dropped in the half into his new enclosure, he is as we speak nomming on it!
Awesome! I’m definitely gonna have to add these to my collection eventually. Beautiful, beautiful spoods...

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Keep the substrate moist, they are slow growers and like to burrow even as adults.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Keep the substrate moist, they are slow growers and like to burrow even as adults.
Do you have any photos of yours? I'd love to see if you don't mind sharing. They are such a gorgeous species, I could look at photos of other keepers specimens all day long 😍

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Great species, currently have 2 slings but did raise a male to subadult size. Terrestrial setup, slightly moist sub, they do web a little, kinda skittish and pretty fast when they want to be, they do burrow but I regularly see them out, pretty decent eaters once they put on some size, growth rate isn't bad, my male took about 2.5 years to mature (I sold him as an SAM but the guy I sold him to let me know that he hooked out last week).

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you have any photos of yours? I'd love to see if you don't mind sharing. They are such a gorgeous species, I could look at photos of other keepers specimens all day long 😍
This one is the best I have but it's taken with my phone so it's not that great, she looks better in person
20200212_195028.jpg

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I have two slings about .25” - .5”. They burrow and don’t see them that often.
Ah, you're being modest lol. She is a beauty 😍

Can't wait for my slings to grow. Here's one going for a wander 🤣

View attachment 368276 View attachment 368277
I hate you. 😍. My two slings are burrowed and I’m lucky to see their tiny feet poking out. Last night one gently took its disabled prey into its den...is it bad to think that was adorable?

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I have two slings about .25” - .5”. They burrow and don’t see them that often.

I hate you. 😍. My two slings are burrowed and I’m lucky to see their tiny feet poking out. Last night one gently took its disabled prey into its den...is it bad to think that was adorable?
Haha in that respect I'm quite glad my slings are yet to start burrowing. I'll be gutted when they are no longer easily visible 😢

pauLoHSMF

Arachnopeon
Where are you from?
Do you know where I can get one of these?
I'm desperately searching for one in europe but can't find.