Theraphosa Stirmi Dying? Advice appreciated!

Rak3

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

My T. Stirmi girl is nearly 4 years old and was recently transferred into her new enclosure about 4 weeks ago. She seemed to settle in well enough often going in her new hide and ate her crickets the first few weeks.
I noticed she only half ate the last two crickets I put in there and she started climbing up the walls to get out of her enclosure which she has never really done before. Then in the last few days she has seemed quite lethargic not moving around very much and this morning I saw her like this!
She hasn't displayed any diskenetic syndrome signs and has plenty of water. It has been a long time since her last moult, but her abdomen hasn't really darkened so I'm not thinking she is in pre-moult. Any thoughts? She is quite unresponsive at the moment and I think she is close to being gone!

Thanks

Attachments

Rak3

Arachnopeon
Is that sub dry? This is a very moisture dependent genus.
Yeah substrate is definitely moist, she also has a water dish in the corner. Like I said, I have looked after her for 4 years with no problems until now. Tbh I think she is gone... :( I'll give it a little longer as I don't want to disturb her just in case.

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
You mention that she was climbing? There is a possibility that she might have taken a fall, which might explain the bent limbs...
Sorry for your loss...

Rak3

Arachnopeon
She did appear to be walking fine...can confirm that she is dead. RIP :sad:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Maybe it took a fall and suffered a fatal injury