Theraphosa "SP" (Spinipes) in the wild

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I came across this video and I wanted to share it with you guys :).

Take a look at the size of this girls in the wild. I love to see the surroundings,the shape of the burrows...It gives us a good idea of what they "like" in our tanks :).

I wouldlike to know where was the location, althout for the looks of the locals, it looks like Venezuela.

Oh, by the way...Does that abdomen look like she doesnt eat very often?

[YOUTUBE]klHDzIIrsjY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
t. blondi's live 25 to 30 years? damn !!!!!!!!!!! everything i read about them must be wrong , i guess , i thought they only lived 7 to 10 years, for females?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, you cant take everything they say for granted, but I have always read that they can live from 10 to 25 years.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i got my first theraphosa species last week! im tickled to death if they really can live that long! i want a goliath birdeater also, i think the specimen i got is a apothasis , pardon the spelling btw,im sure you all know what im talking about , any care tips could be useful as long as nobody gets rude about it, im keeping it pretty close to how i house my megaphobema robustum , about 6 inches of substraite and and a nice burrow its rather moist in both, im gonna post a thread with some pics and see if you guys can help me identify her , him , cause im not sure what species it is ,escially with all the threads out their now about the genuis, i love this hobby,but it does have its pros and cons i guess.but is anything really perfect?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Fran, Interesting video showing the burrow located in shade/dappled shade. Hard to tell how far they are from any sizeable watercourse. Thanks for sharing.:)

Terry

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey,

Just make a picture thread and we wil take a look at her :).

(Theraphosa apophysis )

mike w

Arachnopeon
Great video! That burrow she dug was huge! I wonder how long it took the host to get those urticating hairs out of his throat?:clap:

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Did you see all the little flies buzzing around its abdomen?

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great video! For the most part it was fairly informative and accurate compared to some videos i've seen.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great video! For the most part it was fairly informative and accurate compared to some videos i've seen.
(Yup yuup yuuup!!!! Got that riiiight! {D do you think he will make Mister O this year??? He is a fatty! :D )

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, its the way the TV series is called...Im quite sure they very well know they are far from deadly.
Exactly.

They only said "deadly" after saying they eat mice, frogs, etc.. so for those animals, deadly, yes lol. He did say her bite wouldn't kill him, he just wouldn't want to be bit by those fangs.

Great vid though, she was a beautiful spider! :)