Theraphosa Keepers

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
There's lots of info but I think a post where a lot of good info can be collected and stickied, would be nice

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
I use a mix of Reptisoil, forest moss, peat, and vermiculite, and charcoal. Drains good while retaining moisture excellently. I have had very very very, low instances of mold, but that's a crap shoot for sure.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
I use a mix of Reptisoil, forest moss, peat, and vermiculite, and charcoal. Drains good while retaining moisture excellently. I have had very very very, low instances of mold, but that's a crap shoot for sure.
i just started using a mix of vermiculite, eco earth, peat, and moss with a drainage layer at the bottom for bio active use.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
I actually use a good inch of vermiculite for a false bottom. Holds a lot of moisture. First enclosure that I experiment with, went over 6 months without needing water. No mold either 👍

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Stirmi
Can you define "bad"? Were they just infertile, or was there a mold issue, or did the female just toss it or?
Stirmi abandoned sac and eggs were black and Rock hard. Blondi both kept sacs but when pulled after 50 days the eggs inside were also black

Liquifin

Arachnoking
10inch blondi so far. All the female blondi about that size. Stirmi also about 10 inch. Biggest apophysis I would say is 9.5 atm.
I have never in my life seen a 10'' or 25cm legspan Theraphosa before. I need to see an actual measurement for me to believe that and also one that isn't stretched out like trying to pull a rubberband as far as it'll stretch.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
I've been keeping theraphosa blondi a while on/off and am interested in breeding behaviour e.g if they are gravid .as some I've paired (6wk ago)are huge.if anyone has any insight on these would be cool.last one i had molted out and was easy to see she was gravid .but on 12th week after first mating it was cool to see.this girl fattened up so hoping she gravid

Attachments

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
I have never in my life seen a 10'' or 25cm legspan Theraphosa before. I need to see an actual measurement for me to believe that and also one that isn't stretched out like trying to pull a rubberband as far as it'll stretch.
I have a picture of a T stirmi that I think, if measured correctly, is about 25cm. Don't have permission from the owner of the pic so I'll PM you.

Last edited:

esa space station

Arachnoknight
I've been keeping theraphosa blondi a while on/off and am interested in breeding behaviour e.g if they are gravid .as some I've paired (6wk ago)are huge.if anyone has any insight on these would be cool.last one i had molted out and was easy to see she was gravid .but on 12th week after first mating it was cool to see.this girl fattened up so hoping she gravid
hoping this one could be gravid .much much bigger 0.1 t blondi

Attachments

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Just got back from vacation, still no moly from my blondi. I wonder if it’s still hungry haha

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I wonder if a male T. blondi even exists. My most recent specimen I got was a female (again). So now we're 0.3.0 and not a single male yet has been found. But I'm trying.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Stirmi

Stirmi abandoned sac and eggs were black and Rock hard. Blondi both kept sacs but when pulled after 50 days the eggs inside were also black
Hi wondered .i could do with some help on this.two t blondi I paired multiple times .fast forward 16wks .they both decide to partially web off (a few day ago)now they both stopped eating ..a while ago a but now it's stalled no activity .temps low at 21/22 any ideas or anything likes daylight curtain webwise

esa space station

Arachnoknight
To coincidental tried feeding ain't that ain't due molt either am trying to warm up a bit .keep adding web to inside but ain't moved earth webbed off proper yet

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Hi wondered .i could do with some help on this.two t blondi I paired multiple times .fast forward 16wks .they both decide to partially web off (a few day ago)now they both stopped eating ..a while ago a but now it's stalled no activity .temps low at 21/22 any ideas or anything likes daylight curtain webwise
The Web made for nesting is completely different to the Web made for a moult mat. They cocoon themselves completely. The latest T Blondi to produce a sac has been in her cocoon since 12.9.22 (plan to check and pull the sac on 27th October) and I have covered the tank and just leaving her be without any interference.
Picture taken just now.

20221013_213622.jpg