Thelyphonous sp. "caudatus"

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well. my birthday coincided with the ontario reptile expo, a very very crowded show, incredibly so. infact hard to breathe, but suffering was not without reward. I stopped by Tarantula canadas Booth; and while they were out of some of the tarantula species I was seeking I did manage to pick up a truely unique creature marked:

Thelyphonous sp. "caudatus" I was told they come from asia, and its already settled into a new exo terra home, also that it is "juivinelle" and Cb (perk) I've gone through a few threads, sites etc. and it seems care is straight foward
Room temps to warmer room temps, Lotsa place to dig around and more room to dig around, and a few crickets a week.

I will upload pictures as soon as I can but was wondering if anyone had some tips to sexing, or perhaps better Ids and or is this species not fully documented yet

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am at work right now, so can't post a picture. I found a explanatory picture from Jeremy Huff using Google: type sexing Uropygi, or sexing whip scorpion...something like that.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think I found the one you are talking about, and if I am right via the underside method it looks male, however, does the sexual dimorphisim reveal itself prior to adulthood or can they be sexed only at adulthood?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think I found the one you are talking about, and if I am right via the underside method it looks male, however, does the sexual dimorphisim reveal itself prior to adulthood or can they be sexed only at adulthood?

I don't know. I checked the few papers I have, but they all deal with systematics, prey catching or other things....:rolleyes:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mines also acting rather odd, it seems to be aboreal rather then burrowing it has me quite confused.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

added photos of the odd suspected male specimen

Last edited:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
anyone have any thoughts on if I am correct in it being male?