The X Androctonus sp. (2nd part)

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm in love of all the Androctonus genus.
Now is the first time that I have seen an A. liouvillei and I want to show also to you.

http://geres-asso.org/photos_Arachnides_du_Maroc.html ( see the bottom of the page)

In other hand. Some body can show any picture of the non black labeled ones? (I have pictures of the black labeled ones)

- A.baluchicus
- A.liouvillei
- A.gonneti
- A.maelfaiti
- A.dekeyseri
- A.sergenti
- A.hoggarensis
- A.finitimus

- A.australis
- A.amoreuxi
- A.mauritanicus
- A.bicolor

- A.crassicauda

Cheers
Carles

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A.balychicus is found on a Czech website ( I don't remember the name, but you can google, Stiri means scorpion in Czech, druhu means genus. BTW, I cannot read Czech, but these are deductions). This species is not so common, but very beautiful. Can't help you on the other species........
Good luck with googling!

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A.balychicus is found on a Czech website ( I don't remember the name, but you can google, Stiri means scorpion in Czech, druhu means genus. BTW, I cannot read Czech, but these are deductions). This species is not so common, but very beautiful. Can't help you on the other species........
Good luck with googling!
Maybe do you confuse it with hoggarensis. Do you remember the colours?

Blaster, thanks by the help.

Guys, very pleased with you.

Cheers
Carles

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blaster the scorpion of the link can't be a baluchicus. Baluchicus before was a subspecie of A. amoreuxi, the scorpion of the picture looks more close to A. australis ( but I think also that is not an australis).

- A.amoreuxi : the subspecies A.a.amoreuxi is placed in synonymy of A.amoreuxi, and all the forms found in Middle East and Asia (the two other subspecies A.a.levyi and A.a.baluchicus) are not considered belonging to A.amoreuxi. A.a.baluchicus is now considered as a valid species A.baluchicus. The status of A.a.levyi is still unclear. The species A.amoreuxi is now only found in North Africa, perhaps in Israel.

Taxonomycal knowlege IMO must may go always with a picture to avoid the confusional problems.

Cheers
Carles

zilch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
...a lil confused there, but the "A.baluchicus" looks nice anyways! :)

canni

Arachnopeon
This is probably an Androctonus baluchicus because in the past this species was sometimes acknowledged as subspecies of Androctonus australis, too.
And this species shown on the picture looks very similar to Androctonus australis
apart from his coloration. I know that this animal originates from Pakistan.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brandel,
I think he said Non-black labeled ones, but nice specimens nonetheless...

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is probably an Androctonus baluchicus because in the past this species was sometimes acknowledged as subspecies of Androctonus australis, too.
And this species shown on the picture looks very similar to Androctonus australis
apart from his coloration. I know that this animal originates from Pakistan.

Where did you get that info?

Eric very pleased with you.

Cheers
Carles