The WORST possible tarantula?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
What is the all-time, most annoying, most irritable, most difficult, most frustrating, hardest to keep, and least rewarding tarantula possible?

My first guess would be the King Baboon, but they actually are rewarding.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
For me it was OBT for a long time mainly because of the sheer volume I had to deal with.. After not keeping them for a few years my passion for them has rekindled a bit. I came a across a few males and put them to good use and now I'm actively looking for a nice red female to add to my collection..

Walker253

Arachnobaron
With so many criteria points, it's hard to find one tarantula that hits on all of them. Buy for me, the H maculata hits on the bulk of them. But what makes them a pain in the ass also makes them pretty cool. If anything its a challenge.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Please no heresy, the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus teached to Peanut how to approach humans and understand their feelings :pompous:

Bread

Arachnopeon
My Hysterocrate cameroon (wc) makes my KBT look like a puppydog, every time I take off the enclosure lid she flies out of her hole climbing the sides onto the rim fangs at the ready.

Nikke

Arachnopeon
P. regalis. That thing was completely ridiculous. Once it felt the opening of the Exoterra lock it went mad. Running like maniac in the enclosure, throwing threat postures around and bolting out from the enclosure. For me it was too much handle at that time, sold it after I got fed up with the chasing it around the apartment many, many times. Impossible to feed.

But in the other hand my P. metallica is quite opposite.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I don't have one. I've had a lot of different Ts from NW to baboons to pokies and I've not had any major trouble with any of them. Some of them are still small so we'll see how it goes as they grow.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Haplopelma minax
I have to agree. I rehoused my AF today and it was the hardest thing I've had to do to date :rofl:
IMG_6256.JPG
I hate having to deal with her but can't stop watching her.. We have a love/hate relationship.

My Hysterocrate cameroon (wc) makes my KBT look like a puppydog, every time I take off the enclosure lid she flies out of her hole climbing the sides onto the rim fangs at the ready.
I had a WC specimen of these years back and it was very frustrating trying to do the simplest tasks. You open the top it freaks out and all you can hear is hissing and legs thumping around whilst fumbles around like mad. You wait until she calms down before you move again to reach for tongs etc and the craziness ensues again. Patience is a virtue with this sp. The size can make you very uncomfortable. My specimen grew huge and in all honesty she gave me the fear :anxious::anxious::anxious:

The species that give me the most hassle these days are the Encyocratella olivacea. Teleporting, hissy, bitey/strikey creatures that are as fast as true spiders and sometimes jump. I still adore them though. I don't really know if there is a worst tarantula.

The least rewarding IMO are the Asian burrowers that you never see but even at that then you catch a glimpse it makes you go ahhhhh :)

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have to agree. I rehoused my AF today and it was the hardest thing I've had to do to date :rofl:
View attachment 223648
I hate having to deal with her but can't stop watching her.. We have a love/hate relationship.

I had a WC specimen of these years back and it was very frustrating trying to do the simplest tasks. You open the top it freaks out and all you can hear is hissing and legs thumping around whilst fumbles around like mad. You wait until she calms down before you move again to reach for tongs etc and the craziness ensues again. Patience is a virtue with this sp. The size can make you very uncomfortable. My specimen grew huge and in all honesty she gave me the fear :anxious::anxious::anxious:

The species that give me the most hassle these days are the Encyocratella olivacea. Teleporting, hissy, bitey/strikey creatures that are as fast as true spiders and sometimes jump. I still adore them though. I don't really know if there is a worst tarantula.

The least rewarding IMO are the Asian burrowers that you never see but even at that then you catch a glimpse it makes you go ahhhhh :)
You guys are getting me pretty interested in Hysterocrates sp. Cameroon...

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
T.stirmi.

The hairs, the defensiveness, requirements, the price tag. No amount of research prepared me for what I bought into.