The WORST possible tarantula?

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
No s***, Sherlock, with both a disagree rating and a quote, I couldn´t fail to notice. Anyways, I have my reasons not to trust this species...
Well you definitely don't TRUST them :D they are constantly plotting your demise and slowly tunneling their way out of their enclosure, "escape from Alcatraz" style, just to murder you in your sleep.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Well you definitely don't TRUST them :D they are constantly plotting your demise and slowly tunneling their way out of their enclosure, "escape from Alcatraz" style, just to murder you in your sleep.
Man, if I could, I would hook you up for a date with my ex-minax!

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I got that part, but the hassle part is more about their weird feeding responses. Avics are literally only genus of all arboreals that refused food when i put it overnight. Which is annoying because i need to remove it afterwards. And i kept destroying their webs(that are ALWAYS attached to lid or door). Either eat your food or stop spinning web on worst places, not neither in the same time :punch:
Pre-kill for slings if they lack a good response. It helps alot :)

cold blood

Staff member
For me its H. mac. Not because theyre difficult or gave me problems, but because they're just so light shy that its stupid. Literally, if there's enough light for me to see, its too much and, poof, they're gone like the road runner after schooling Wile E. Coyote yet again. They're also more sensitive as slings. While great eaters, I almost never get to actually see it as they pounce and re-hide all in one motion. Also the slowest growing OW arboreal I've ever raised. Still a cool spider though, and very beautiful...just one I don't get the hype about.

And what's with all the "disagree" ratings?? Its an opinion based thread.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For me its H. mac. Not because theyre difficult or gave me problems, but because they're just so light shy that its stupid. Literally, if there's enough light for me to see, its too much and, poof, they're gone like the road runner after schooling Wile E. Coyote yet again. They're also more sensitive as slings. While great eaters, I almost never get to actually see it as they pounce and re-hide all in one motion. Also the slowest growing OW arboreal I've ever raised. Still a cool spider though, and very beautiful...just one I don't get the hype about.

And what's with all the "disagree" ratings?? Its an opinion based thread.

I can't believe how lucky I got with my H. mac. She is ALWAYS out now that she's 4". She doesn't even have a retreat anymore. She webbed over her cork hide. I don't know what I did to deserve this from the spider gods, but I'm not complaining.

Stig

Arachnopeon
P. regalis. That thing was completely ridiculous. Once it felt the opening of the Exoterra lock it went mad. Running like maniac in the enclosure, throwing threat postures around and bolting out from the enclosure. For me it was too much handle at that time, sold it after I got fed up with the chasing it around the apartment many, many times. Impossible to feed.

But in the other hand my P. metallica is quite opposite.
I know it's an old thread, but had this idea in regard to this, how about making an inclosure with an "air Lock" at the top for feeding, you know like a spaceship....open top....Roach in...Lock...open buttom Roach Down...T running amok....but hey it's safe :)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
What? That's the best
You're not thinking it through. First of all, good luck finding crickets that big. Second of all, good luck finding an exo terra that big. Third of all, good luck finding a kricket keeper that big. Fourth of all....etc...etc....really big tongs...giant urticating hairs....etc some more

schmiggle

Arachnoking
@Chris LXXIX little did you know that I have never kept, do not keep, and do not, in the foreseeable future, plan to keep any tarantulas. However, to answer the question...

There's an HG Wells story about a bunch of giant spiders with very toxic bites that this guy runs into in the countryside somewhere. They're each about two feet wide, and are clearly colonial. I dare someone to find space for those. IMO, even worse than Aragog or Shelob, because they're about as intelligent as an average Gorgyrella (read: not very), so you can't bargain with them on feeding and space and things.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Chris LXXIX little did you know that I have never kept, do not keep, and do not, in the foreseeable future, plan to keep any tarantulas. However, to answer the question...
Being honest, I know nothing, in fact, about the inverts (and T's) you kept/keep my man :)

I've said nothing about, I'm afraid I don't understand :-/

There's an HG Wells story about a bunch of giant spiders with very toxic bites that this guy runs into in the countryside somewhere. They're each about two feet wide, and are clearly colonial. I dare someone to find space for those. IMO, even worse than Aragog or Shelob, because they're about as intelligent as an average Gorgyrella (read: not very), so you can't bargain with them on feeding and space and things.
I want a 'Gray Widower' sling my man... the ones that eat alive those soldiers in 'The Mist' movie :angelic:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Being honest, I know nothing, in fact, about the inverts (and T's) you kept/keep my man :)

I'm afraid I don't understand :-/
I thought you wanted my honest opinion based on experience. If not we are on the same page ;) always happy to throw in my outrageous ideas.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I thought you wanted my honest opinion based on experience. If not we are on the same page ;) always happy to throw in my outrageous ideas.
No :)

I mean, yes, I want to know your opinion, of course. But I was talking about that comment of mine you rated 'funny' ah ah :-s