The worry is eating me alive!

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
So I've been to the show, picked up my stuff and am on my way back. It's cold and I got all the Ts in a soft cooler with a heat pack at the bottom, covered by newspaper. Logically I'm fairly sure that even if they get a bit cold, a couple hours wont kill them...

Illogically I'm so WORRIED I'M GONNA ARRIVE AND THEY'LL BE DEAD. I gotta keep stopping myself from opening the bag cause obviously it won't keep the warmth in if it's not closed... Ngh.

I also picked a pair of hetrometrus scorpions and afraid for them too. D;

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I know how you feel when I went to my first show last year I got a a T and it was just the opposite it was really hot out and I was so sure that he was going to cook in the car on the way home I turned the AC on and would almost emediatly turn it back off because I didn't want him to get to cold either my wife thought I had lost my mind

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So I've been to the show, picked up my stuff and am on my way back. It's Iold and I got all the Ts in a soft cooler with a heat pack at the bottom, covered by newspaper. Logically I'm fairly sure that even if they get a bit cold, a couple hours wont kill them...

Illogically I'm so WORRIED I'M GONNA ARRIVE AND THEY'LL BE DEAD. I gotta keep stopping myself from opening the bag cause obviously it won't keep the warmth in if it's not closed... Ngh.

I also picked a pair of hetrometrus scorpions and afraid for them too. D;
Did you pick up slings or adult spiders and scorps? I went to an expo last year and it was really cold
too. The breeder i bought the slings and juvi from gave me the advice to put the vials/cups in an inside pocket of my coat, that way they stayed warm because of my body heat. It worked really well, though I think some train employees must have suspicions towards me, the way I kept looking inside my jacket to check if they were okay :p

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
The scorpions are adults (1 year old according to breeder ) and one of the spiders is a juvenile (7.5cm) the rest are slings. They're all nicely packed inside the bag so Idk if theyd be much warmer in my pockets. It just, even with the heat pack, which I activated, it doesn't feel like it's WARM ENOUGH ;;

I'LL DEFINITELY get a digital thermometer for next time! It sure will save on the anxiety.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
They probably did just fine....@Crowbi on the other hand..a whole different story.
Ok,will do fine.

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
Yeah I made it home at about eleven, midnight by the time I'd managed to grab food and get everyone settled. Everyone's alive and I got them in my new spider room with a space heater. I'll take pictures soon!