• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

The Wormman's Worm Farm (www.wormman.com)

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the info.
I certainly understand that people get busy and things can go wrong but this is the second time now.
I truly like their product line and they have been quick to respond in the past.....
Ok Wormman.....one more try....or it's the superworm farm! :embarrassed: ;)

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great Roaches

Placed an order last week for 100 Hissers. Received them the other day. All in great shape despite the cold weather. Packing was great. Very happy with the order.
Also....received an order of crickets from them about one month ago. All arrived just fine.
Thanks guys!

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Spotty Service

Negative

Ordered 100 redworms and 500 small mealworms in December. Got the redworms ok. Sent repeated emails and phoned re: mealworms without response. Got an email in Jan stating they had problems with their shipper and if order not received by such and such a date, contact them. Order not received and had to recontact. Finally got mealworms a month later. Mealworms were in good condition. I purchased more redworms from a local supplier recently. In hindsight, the local suppliers worms were larger and much more active than those from wormman's.

Ordered cricket water crystals on Feb 8th. Received email stating order shipped Feb 14th and should arrive on the 17th. Have not received order as of the 22nd. Sent email to wormman about this. (Received crystals today, postmarked the 15th. A 2 week turn-around on an order is slow.)

Would not order from here again.

Last edited:

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I've Changed My Mind!!!

NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE
I haven't order since 2002 - wish I'd come back here to read the posts before ordering again!

I needed waxworms for birds. Placed order at Date/Time: 10:56:23 Tue 18 Apr 2006 - and two emails, an onsite contact email and a phone call where I had to leave a message later AND I STILL HAVE NO ORDER and NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME!!!

I sent 'ol wormman a final email - bugs by Friday the 28th or a refund showing in my credit card account or I'm reporting him to the credit card company. This is insane, how can anyone run a business like this? Wormman has definately gone to the dogs since I last ordered!

Gail

spyderguy1983

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Neutral

I had given wormman a positive review a couple of years ago, but I haven't really ordered from them since then. I read the negative reviews but I took a chance and went ahead and ordered 100 roaches from them anyways. I ordered and received order confirmation. The next day I received payment confirmation. Two weeks later I still hadn't received anything more from them. I emailed pertaining to the order and received no response. Then I came home a couple days later to find the roaches outside on my front step.I never received any shipping confirmation or anything.
On a positive note the roaches were in good shape and there was the right quantity. I don't know if I will order from these guys again. A couple of week turnaround is pretty poor.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
NEGATIVE

I am still fighting with them to get a refund for the wax worms that were ordered on April 18th. The only way I got a response from them was by sending the aforementioned "threat" email and the only way I've gotten any response since is to do the same. They said they were out of the waxworms, we agreed to cancel order and refund on April 28th, I still have no refund even though another nasty email to them got a response on May 2 saying that they were processing the refund that day. It is now May 9 and my order still shows as pending at their site and I have no refund showing on my credit card. I have just sent them the following email -
OK, you sent the below message on May 2 - it is now May 9 and my order is still showing at your site as pending and the credit card company is not showing a refund. It has been my experience with this credit card company that refunds show up very quickly, there fore I can only surmise that you have not issued the refund yet and for some reason still have my order as pending shipment.

I really don't want to have to go through the hassel but since I've only got 60 days after a charge is made in order to file a complaint with the CC company, I kid you not - if the refund is not showing up by this Friday, I am filing the complaint. Enough is enough.
I am absolutely appalled at the way they are running the business these days. I don't know what went wrong there but I can't imagine that if they don't straiten up and fly right soon they will be in business much longer.

Absolutely disgusted,
Gail

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Finally received refund today. It's a shame I had to resort to threats to get it.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kinda positive

I don't think they quite deserve a "neutral" but I was not blown away by their service. The flies I ordered were in ok shape. It took too long for them to ship, as far as I am concerned. I think I will try another place before I buy from them again. If they are the only ones that have something in stock that I need I will use them again, I'll just be prepared to wait a bit.

tima

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Negative!!!

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!​
I placed an order with wormman for a large, mixed bunch of B. discoidalis, and received an email the next day that they had been shipped, and should arrive within 2 days. Sent an email when they did not arrive in 2 days. Sent an email when they did not arrive in 3 days. Sent an email when they did not arrive in 4 days. Then he replied to the first email that I had sent saying "they were shipped. I hope they get there." Well, now it's been a week. I've heard nothing more, in response to my emails, and must assume that this guy is ignoring me. So, I'm out $70, and have no way, as far as I know, to recover my loss. Have placed another order with a dealer I know to be reliable, and WILL NEVER DEAL WITH WORMMAN AGAIN!!!

tima

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Change to above post...

...will change it to neutral, since my roaches arrived today. Not because they were held up in shipping, but because they didn't ship until a week after he told me they had shipped. So, 99 of 100 arrived alive, and I'm pretty much pleased with that. WM's customer relations skills, however, leave much to be desired. I've still not had another email from him; and he will not get repeat business from me.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive

Much better experience than last time. Ordered on Thurs., rec'd the following Tues., I wasn't waiting forever wondering where my order was, never hearing from them. Hopefully they have worked the bugs out of their system and are back on track. My flies were healthy and active.

kerrybr

Arachnopeon
Never again.....

Negative

I ordered and paid on Monday 6/19/06. The company stated 2-3 day delivery. After THREE e-mail requests about the status, on 6/22/06 I received an e-mail stating the order had been sent on 6/20/06 via Airborne for 2-day delivery. I requested a tracking number TWICE. I finally received a tracking number. In reality the order was shipped on 6/21/06 by DHL and ground delivery. As evidenced, they were simply NOT honest. I will not order from them again. Also, still no crickets.

kerrybr

Arachnopeon
Follow-up

From bad to worse.....

The crickets came today. Terrible-NOT the size I ordered. There may have been 1000 at one time, but I certainly did not get 1000 LIVE crickets! I did NOT order pinheads, but that is what I got! This was a lousy experience-undercount, wrong size, dishonest about shipping, and beyond the 2-3 delivery window. NEVER again!

dlhoke

Arachnopeon
horrible......

I ordered on 6/21/06, a Wednesday. Received an email notification
that the order would be shipped the following Monday which somewhat
annoyed me because I would have delayed ordering.

Received email on Thursday July 29, that the order had been shipped
on Tuesday July 27 via priority mail. Another surprise, would never order
anything perishable that was going to be shipped through the USPS.

And why should I worry, right in their faq it says the following....

I would like USPS shipping. Can I get this? We are currently only shipping via Federal Express here. If you would like to have your order shipped via USPS Priority Mail you should visit http://www.wormman.com to get crickets at low prices shipped via USPS Priority Mail.

Unfortunately, I only read the first line, up to the point where it says they only ship fedex. Had I read the rest, it might have been a red flag since the very page I was reading was http://www.wormman.com/faq.cfm.

Anyway, as of today July 6, I still have no worms and the mail has arrived for the day. Having read numerous complaints about wormman on this and other forums I am convinced that they were lying when they said my order was shipped last Tuesday.

They have not replied to several emails and I can't find a phone number for them.

If I don't receive my worms by the middle of next week, I am contacting my credit card company and hence the reason for my post.

Many have expressed resignation at being ripped off. If they don't ship and they don't reply to your contact attempt, if you pay with a credit or debit card you simply CALL your bank or card company and request a CHARGEBACK.

I believe you have less time with a debit card, I think you have to file a complaint within a month of purchase, but you have more time with a credit card. I don't like to encourage this, but if a merchant has this consistant of a complaint history, maybe if people would start filing chargebacks when they aren't getting their order, maybe these people would start getting their act together.

After having dealt with reptilefood.com and Armstrongs, I am APPALLED at the lack of service from this company. I'd like to think they aren't being intentionally dishonest, but they need to get the message that their service isn't acceptable.

The only reason I ordered from this time, was because they are carrying a type of worm that reptilefood.com isn't carrying and is much more expensive at armstrongs. Well, I guess you get what you pay for. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
NEGATIVE

I know I'm one of the first positives for this dealer, but times have changed, apparently.

I've been running off roach colonies for years, but with more and more babies, I wanted to switch to something easier to catch. Wormman had a good deal for 1000 crickets and 1000 mealworms, and I remembered a good experience with them before.

I got no conformation of shipping after placing the order. I ordered on Monday, and got the package on Thursday morning. I figured that was a decent turnaround. I would be shocked with the order, though.

I ordered 1/8" crickets (one size above pinheads). I got pins. I can use them, but they're still smaller than I wanted. On the mealworms, I got a huge shock. All 1000 were dead and rotting. The smell was horrific! They had to have been dead when shipped to be that bad on arrival!

An email to the company got me nowhere, so I called. Apparently, the office hours are only Monday and Thursday, so it sent me to voice mail. Unfortunately, the voice mail for the complaint line is full (I'm not surprised after reading how much things have changed).

Hopefully a post on here will get their attention. Otherwise, I may do a charge back.

Stay away from this guy. Times and business practices have changed.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
As an addendum to my last post: I just got around to feeding out of the pinheads. Counting deads, there were only about 250 or so. No where near the 1000 I paid for.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Negative

I'll keep this short.

Did not ship when they said they would, and when they did they only shipped half the order. Many were dead. Never returned emails or phone calls about the other half of my order. It showed later unexpectedly and was left in the cold. Bad expierience all around, never again will I order from these people.

cynops

Arachnopeon
I just want to add my negative experience with Wormman.com. If you do an Internet search for "bad experience wormman" you get a lot of hits! I sure wish I had checked that before I ordered. Here is the exact litany of my issue and my attempts to contact them. If they ever do respond, I will write back and let you know.

11/12 Placed order #46561 for 2 items: 1 lb blackworms + 100 spikes
11/12 Sent e-mail requesting price adjustment: spikes were advertised at $7.99/100, but the online checkout had
charged me $9.99
11/12 Received e-mail reply (from Donna at ken_chiarella@yahoo.com) regarding price adjustment.
11/12 Received $2 credit to my Paypal account (because the transaction was done as a separate item, not as a
refund, the net deposit to my account was only $1.64).
11/14 Received e-mail (from Donna at ken_chiarella@yahoo.com) telling me that the spikes were no longer available
and "That portion of the order has been cancelled and you will be issued a refund."
11/16 Received blackworms
11/22 Sent e-mail requesting $7.99 refund to address used for previous e-mail contact (ken_chiarella@yahoo.com).
No reply.
11/29 Sent e-mail requesting $7.99 refund to address used for previous e-mail contact (ken_chiarella@yahoo.com).
No reply.
12/1 Sent e-mail requesting $7.99 refund to address used for previous e-mail contact (ken_chiarella@yahoo.com).
No reply.
12/3 Called both phone numbers listed on site. At the order line, I was told that the operator could not take a message
for me. The other line was chronically busy, never got through.
12/6 Sent message requesting $7.99 refund to the contact form on the website. Included my full contact information,
including e-mail address and phone number. No reply.
12/7 Sent message requesting $7.99 refund to BOTH of the contact forms on the website. Included my full contact
information, including e-mail address and phone number. No reply.
12/9 Sent message requesting $7.99 refund to e-mail address listed on the paypal transaction
(support@wormman.com).
12/9 Sent message requesting $7.99 refund to e-mail address listed used for previous e-mail contact
(ken_chiarella@yahoo.com).

cynops

Arachnopeon
received refund after 1 month and much persistence

I did eventually receive a full refund of the amount I was owed by Wormman, but only after many, many contacts from me, and I finally filed a complaint through Paypal. The refund arrived exactly one month after the date when i was told "you will be send a refund". This is not a responsible business, in my opinion.

Never_2_Old

Arachnopeon
I also want to add my negative experience with Worm man.com. I ordered crickets from him on two separate occasions in 2005 (didn't learn the first time).:?

I did not receive anywhere near 500 crickets (counting dead and alive about 300 and change).:embarrassed: They claimed to have shipped at least 500 both times.:wall: I didn't even bother to send another e-mail and just chalked it up to experience. Never again! :(