• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

The Wormman's Worm Farm (www.wormman.com)

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
The Wormman's Worm Farm

Positive

I will never need to look for another source. The Wormman is fantastic! Prices include shipping. He packs potatoe with his crickets so they don't die of thirst. Everything I have bought from him has been given a healty overcount to ensure you get AT LEAST what you ordered. I recieved pinheads from him in very hot weather and 99% of them were alive and well. His superworms are absolutely HUGE. His waxworms are fat, large and healthy and I have had no problems with getting them to successfully pupate so I can feed the moths to my aboreals. I would recommend that anyone needing feeders on a regular basis go to the Wormman at http://www.wormman.com/specials.htm

Gail

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Positive

Great company. I ordered 1000 1/2" crickets and a culture of fruit flies. The crickets arrived with less than 100 casualities (*GREAT* for Florida), but the fruit flies never hatched. When I contacted them about this, they promptly responded. I had the options of another culture, 500 pinheads, or a refund. I took the pinheads and they arrived within a couple days, all living :)

I placed my second order with them today. 2000 crickets and 1000 superworms. They've earned a great repeat customer ;)

-Bryan

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Negative

Every time I order from these guys I get jipped on the number of crickets. Plus the crickets come with pests. One time they sent me like 50 pinheads when I ordered 500!! I've order from them 3 times, and they still haven't cleaned up their act. Their worms are fine though.

MR.SMITH

Arachnopeon
wormman feeder insects

Positive

I must reverse my opinion of the wormman.com I had a previously gave a neutral review.

I have secretly placed 5 more orders for crickets, and have seen several deliveries arrive to other people.
All arrived in a healthy, large, well fed condition;

Note to self: Don't be to quick to judge someone who sends stuff in the mail. :?
MR. SMITH;P

Last edited by a moderator:

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
fantastic sevice

Positive

i ordered 500 medium mealworms, not only did i get my worms on time but theres more like 700 plus, got at least 500 mediums some smalls and some larges, i noticed that there are some beetle shells in the substrate leaving me to belave that thier are also eggs!! awesome, i'll never buy feedrs from anywhere else now, awesome price too 7.50 delivered to my door!(what a deal), i'll be buying more crickets and other stuff from them in the future, by the way i see on the site you can order live saltwater fish anyone do this yet, i'm gonna setup a predatory fish tank in the future and he seems to have a very nice selection some of the stuff is pretty rare like the hawain dragon eel, --Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive

I ordered 2000 adult mix crickets(3/4" and adult), 1000 1/4", and 1000 1/8", and all made it alive and well. I got more than 1000 per box, always a bonus. I will order all my crickets from wormman.com from now on.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
POSITIVE

Synopsis

I placed an order for 500 superworms and paid for the order via WormMan's website and paypal.

What was good about the deal/dealer.

WormMan has a well laid out website which accepts online orders and payments which made placing the order quick and easy. Prices that are stated include shipping via USPS Priority so there aren't any hidden costs but other faster shipping(but more expensive) options are also available. I received an error at the end of the ordering process which I attribute to having my firewall security set too high and no fault of wormman. They responded promptly to my e-mail about the error to verify receipt of my order and an additional e-mail to let me know that the order shipped.

What could have been better about the deal/dealer.

The "view order" function on their website doesn't work so its not a working tool(at least as I write this) so e-mail is the only method to get order information. It would be nice if this function was fixed or removed to prevent customer order anxiety when recieving a message that the order number doesn't exist.

Conclusion

I will definitely do business with WormMan again. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this vendor to anyone. I am 100% satisfied with my order. The Superworms arrived 4 days following shipment via priority mail. The worms were large, healthy and free of pests. Exactly what I wanted. :D

Last edited:

spyderguy1983

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

I received my first purchase from worm man today. I had ordered 500 1/8" crickets. I got quite a bit more, with very few dead. The crickets had to set on my porch for a few hours also. The packing was very good. I would recommend worm man and I will order from them again in the future.

K MUELLER

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wormman---Great supplier. Great job on packing feeders. Keep up the great work. Karl

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It doesn't get better!

Positive

I have placed MANY orders with wormman.com and I am still just as pleased as I was with my first order. His crickets always arrive healthy and alive. If you order 1000 then you get at least 1000 crickets. I can't sing the praises of being able to order feeders hassle free, when you already have a large invert collection to care for. It is nice to know when my feeders are low a three minute trip to wormman.com takes care of it.

Last edited:

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Positive

The transaction went pretty well. I paid via PayPal but apparently they had some difficulty with it and did not ship my order for quite some time. Wasn't their fault. Response to emails usually took a couple days. Product was great though and it was cool to see them include the price of shipping in with the price of the animals, that's convenient. It was a small order, just 1000 mealworms, and it looked to be atleast that many and they are especially fat. The only thing that they could improve upon are the emails. They are helpful and very kind in them, but they just take a couple days to respond.

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Postive

Had a few complications with my last order, but they were resolved quite quickly enough. Still one of the few truely reputable suppliers of feeder insects and I'll have no problem ordering from them in the future (should the need arise... I'm trying my hand at cricket rearing).

Kindest kindest,

Kevin P.

chris73

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Super Positive!

This was my second order. I ordered 4000 med. mealworms and I think I received about a billlion! Way over count here! They are friendly and quick to respond to email. I requested they not label the box as "live worms" and they honored my request happily. Oh, and my order came in 3 business days. :) :) :clap: :clap: :)

Thanks WORMMAN! :clap:

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Negative

They screwed up 4 times in a row. It seemed like they didn't even notice they kept messing up.

I ordered 500 large and 500 pinheads and I was sent 1000 large. I had to contact them and tell them they screwed up. So what did they do? They sent me another 500 large crickets 3 times IN A ROW after my continuous emails. When I was supposed to be sent 500 pinheads. I never got my pinheads as I told them I wanted a refund. They cost me more money then I wanted to spend at petstores for pinheads.

I will never do business with them again. They also had crappy customer service taking 2-3 days to get back to me. They suck.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where's my refund?!

Ordered some fruitflies and waxworms. Waited approximately 2 weeks. Finally emailed them asking where my shipment was. Rather than answering my question, they simply stated that they would reship my order which leads me to believe that they had never shipped it in the first place.
The next day, they reshipped. This time they sent me a tracking number with the USPS. The shipment showed up in Seattle on July 23 according to the tracking.
After 1 week of the shipment being stuck somewhere in Seattle, I contacted the USPS. Of course they were no help.
I contacted The Wormman, explained my situation and how disgruntled I was over the fact that now 1 month had passed and I had still not received my order.
They asked me if they should reship another order or if I wanted my money back.
I decided to opt for getting my money back.
Heard nothing back from them regarding crediting my account.
I then received my shipment from USPS and all but a handful of things were dead. Two of the four cultures were dried up and the other two were smeared all over the place with dead flies galore. The majority of the waxworms were dead (due to the heat is my guess).
Contacted Wormman again and let them know how bad the order turned out and requested my money back again.
Still have yet to hear anything back.
While I realize that they had no control over the USPS taking their sweet time, this whole issue could have been avoided had they simply shipped the original order like they were supposed to.
Not sure if I will be doing business with them again.

Last edited:

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Refund on the way?

Shortly after my post, I was contacted by Donna at Wormman stating that they would be refunding my money. But for now....the jury's still out......

Wormman

Arachnopeon
Wormman

I want to thank everyone who took time to post in this thread. I like reading the positives and negatives. The negatives let me know that we need to fix something. Your business is very important to me and I want to fix any issues. For those here who have had issues please email me at support@wormman.com and put the name of this board in the subject section. Let me know what happened and I will do my best to fix it and make you happy.
I would like to thank the positive poster also, but if you ever have a negative experience with us please let me fix it. Thanks!!
Ken
Cool Board!!!!

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What the H***!

I finally received my order from the previous posting. My wife decided to place another order for me.
This order was placed on August 20. It is now September 2 and I have nothing.
I emailed them twice regarding my order and have yet to hear a response.
Of course I am betting that I will have an email later today because it seems that whenever I have to resort to posting a bad review about them, they magically appear and try to smooth things over.
Nearly two weeks.....ridiculous!
PS-To make things easier for you guys my order # is 14324

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No Reply and No Shipment.

It has now officially been two weeks since I placed my order. Nothing. No email response requesting information....nada.

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive placed orders with them, and ive gotten some good, and not so good orders.
Ive received dead mealworms once or twice, and they quickly replaced them for free.
I think you need to give them a call, it's much easier and more efficent than by email. Let them know your ordeal, and they should smooth it over for you.

Just try to remember, they're pretty busy, and things dont always go as planned. Things happen, and your order may have been lost in the pile somewhere, and they might not be aware of it. Give them a call, I believe (not sure) that it's a free call.

Ive recently switched over to http://www.superwormfarm.com/index.cfm, give them a try, ive had good luck so far, and the prices are EVEN BETTER!!

Last edited: