The worlds smallest 2 year old female boa

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bluefields locale BCI.
I hope to breed her soon with an equally small male from this locale.
She is in blue and was soaking in her 8 oz water bowl. Thought it was a good chance to take a picture to illustrate how tiny she is.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is this the product of less frequent feeds or is it a slow groing snake?

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These are a dwarf BCI locale from Nicaragua on the Costa Rican side (unlike common nics imported from the other side).
They just hit the market a little over a year ago.
32 were offerred for sale and I picked up a 1.1 unrelated pair.
From speaking with the others who bought these when they came into the U.S., the smallest is just under 200 grams (my female) and the largest is just under 500 grams. Most tend to be around the 200-250 gram range after they hit 2 years old with regular weekly feeding.
I think these are going to be a big hit once they start getting bred and people become more aware of them.

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's awesome, I think it would be great to have a smaller boa! That's the main thing that's kept me from getting one, how large they get. Though I think they're absolutely beautiful, my boyfriend's mom got a baby and I fell in love with it instantly. I can't get any new snakes till I'm done with college (parents have enough fun taking care of my six snakes at home while I'm at school, don't need any more!)... but hopefully by then these will be more established.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bluefields locale BCI.
I hope to breed her soon with an equally small male from this locale.
She is in blue and was soaking in her 8 oz water bowl. Thought it was a good chance to take a picture to illustrate how tiny she is.
That’s a really nice sized boa! I wouldn’t mind getting some for myself one day. How much do you think offspring will be selling for?

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That’s a really nice sized boa! I wouldn’t mind getting some for myself one day. How much do you think offspring will be selling for?
They should run between $200-$300 depending upon sex, color, and pattern.
These only have 6-8 babies in a litter so it will be while before they become widely available.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
That's indeed pretty cool and could make me get one also. Didn't know they exist. Let's hope it works like you think it will.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They should run between $200-$300 depending upon sex, color, and pattern.
These only have 6-8 babies in a litter so it will be while before they become widely available.
And the price is right too. Awesome!

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here she is shed and a belly full of rat pup (didn't even have fur yet).
This girl is tiny. :)