The webbing thread

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Here's my juvie C. fimbriatus, bolted into her web tunnel when the lid was removed. She is in the open most of the time.
@EulersK, tiki from Kahiki Polynesian restaurant?
Yeah, C. fimbriatus is a great display spider... so long as it's left alone!

Nope! Here's a hint: "Here's a story, of a lovely lady, who was bringing up three very lovely girls."

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
20160510_152115.jpg
My A. avicularia web tunnel a while ago. She has destroyed most of it now.

louise f

Arachnoangel
P.cambridgei

Wimpy is your average web/mess with dirt (like they love mostly) P.cambridgei. Now she (i suspect she's a female but need another molt) is behind the cork, disappearing for pre-molt time.

View attachment 213834

Btw the enclosure is the classic, cheap, glass made Germany/Hungary one/s we love to use in Europe :-s

Haha, can`t forget that Wimpy vid friend.. :D Wimpy just love that name, fits just perfect for a Psalmo :D though i am not into the naming of T´s. But i like this one. :)

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
Boy am I glad I started this thread. Your pics are all amazing, everyone. Thank you so much for sharing :)
And dang @VanessaS Those macro shots are stunning

@EulersK I am positively in love with your francki's home. Love the pics!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Boy am I glad I started this thread. Your pics are all amazing, everyone. Thank you so much for sharing :)
And dang @VanessaS Those macro shots are stunning

@EulersK I am positively in love with your francki's home. Love the pics!
I definitely recommend getting one of them, she's been a joy. Other than the feeling of the web, they act exactly like a normal dwarf tarantula. They are prettyong lived as well. Not sure exact life spans, but I've had my mature female for two years now.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Just took a side view of casa de Pants:

pants_home2.jpg

Pretty intricate. Lots of entrances and exits. She actually made a little hallway that joins her "living room" to her water dish. She's a character.

WhitenerJ

Arachnosquire
P.murinus

Again, pic taken prior the molt. Now this baby isn't that much of a web lover, she web more "inside" the burrow (i offered her a cork and lot of inches of substrate) rather than outside (i have an happy water dish of course) :-s

Ah ah, unlike her enclosure neighbour C.marshalli, after the molt, she turned more reclusive than before if that's possible (now i feed her directly from her burrow entrance: tongs, cricket, little jump of the crick, chelicerae, 'OBT' dance, done.

View attachment 213833
My OBT is the same exact way. She webbed a little on top of her little dirt burrow and just sits in the swallow hole on the side where I can see her. Not much of a good hiding spot. Lol

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Trusty Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens. Sometimes messy. Sometimes art. Here are 2 of mine. One which has made a web tornado.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Trusty Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens. Sometimes messy. Sometimes art. Here are 2 of mine. One which has made a web tornado.

On that second picture, give that spider some anchor points! Fake plants, chopsticks, BBQ skewers, something. It has nothing to build a web off of.

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ok that second picture, give that spider some anchor points! Fake plants, chopsticks, BBQ skewers, something. It has nothing to build a web off of.
It has plenty. It just doesn't look like much as it is a birdseye view. It has made its own burrows with funnel webbing under the 2 bits of cork bark that it has in there and it has also used some of the airholes as anchor points.

I try not to go OTT on these enclosures as they are only temporary.

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
@Toff202 What a lovely home your megatheloides made! What size enclosure do you have for yours?

@TomKemp Your avic's webbing reminds me of a canterbury cross lol

Toff202

Arachnoknight
@Toff202 What a lovely home your megatheloides made! What size enclosure do you have for yours?
Indeed, it's amazing! Her enclosure size is 12x8x12 inches. In the end, I should've given her a bigger enclosure, because literally everything apart from the top is webbed up.

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
Indeed, it's amazing! Her enclosure size is 12x8x12 inches. In the end, I should've given her a bigger enclosure, because literally everything apart from the top is webbed up.
Looks like it's working fine though :) With my fossorial I feel as though she'd dig 100 feet down if I'd let her lol. We gotta stop somewhere :p