the waiting is over! new Ts!!!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, i got my new Ts in! also some baby millis but i'll be posting those in another section.

here are my new prides & joys:

G. pulchra (labelled as H. lividium which almost made me pass out. :/) 2"

A. versicolor 3/4"

sstrong

Arachnopeon
H. lividium!! :eek:

You've got a beautiful new set there :) good luck with them!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i am sooo happy with them. the G. pulchra was only a little nervous and surprisingly the A. versicolor was much, much more mild. :)

they're just beautiful and i'm very pleased.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I believe that is one of the tiniest Curlies I've seen :) I know you're feeling really relieved that they've made it there. Very nice looking little kids too!

Now, that you've gotten these, what's topping your wishlist? Or is this fix enough to keep you from jonesing for a couple months... :p

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Glad you got them - Whats next on your list?:)

Chid

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What? No A. purpurea?!?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!

Well, we'll see what you land on the next order ;)

NOICE! versicolor, BTW!!!!!!!!!

LCDXX

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
actually Mendi, it's a 2" G. pulchra, not all that tiny. (grin) i've been told that she/he will turn black probably after the next molt but not quite yet.

ahhh, isn't it the best versi EVER? :)

well, i must say, A. purpurea is definitely nice...perhaps B. bicoloratum? A. metallica? i really, really love the Avics. ;)

who knows...but for right now, i'm taking a breather. (grin)

if ANYONE does have some docile (truly docile) adult Ts that they are considering parting with, please drop me a PM. i'm only interested in docile though but i don't much care what they are... it's their humble natures that interest me. ;P

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a 3 inch A. versicolor with adult coloration. They're very nice looking T's. My Asia has even won over a few Arachnophobes on other Non-Arachnid related web based messageboards when I've posted pics of her for them. Just wait until they see my Greebottle Blue when she reaches maturity. I'm in the process of waiting for my new scorpions to arrive. I can't wait to get them. I'm so excited! But that is another forum.

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am jealous, I want that A.versicolor :8o but I will get mine soon enough!!!! Beauty though!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow...get THIS...lol.

okay...i have named my A. versicolor sling. :/ how so quickly you ask? well, let's put it this way...

while trying to capture one of the many annoying, tiny baby spiders that has floated down from my ceiling in the last few days, i picked up the vial that was the A. versicolors...and what did i find...?

A MOLT! LOL! the little guy molted during shipment!!! crazy eh?

so, i of course fed him as i figured he'd be hungry and so probably too early. :( i'm not terribly worried but i do hope the little sling ends up okay and hasn't damaged his fangs.

A. versicolor - Scamp (with cricket)

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Skadi, since the sling is so young and small, chances are her fangs are fine. I bet if her fangs were still soft she wouldn't even accept a cricket. When slings are young like that they harden much quicker than larger adult T's.
By the way, very nice T's you have there.

Risto

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well phew! :) that's very reassuring, thanks static. i think i'll still wait another day before feeding him/her anything else though. i'll be paranoid. ;)

did you see all my T pics via my link? thanks! i just love all my little guys and i'm very proud of them. they're all in great health and are very sweet. :D

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes, I checked out all your T's and they are very nice and healthy too!

when are you going to get a more aggressive T???
I say get yourself a nice little P. murinus...=D

Risto

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Re: wow...get THIS...lol.

Originally posted by skadiwolf
okay...i have named my A. versicolor sling. :/ how so quickly you ask? well, let's put it this way...

while trying to capture one of the many annoying, tiny baby spiders that has floated down from my ceiling in the last few days, i picked up the vial that was the A. versicolors...and what did i find...?

A MOLT! LOL! the little guy molted during shipment!!! crazy eh?

so, i of course fed him as i figured he'd be hungry and so probably too early. :( i'm not terribly worried but i do hope the little sling ends up okay and hasn't damaged his fangs.

A. versicolor - Scamp (with cricket)
Your little versi should be fine. The smaller they are, the quicker they recover from a molt. If it's eating, that means it's ready to eat again. No need to worry about the fangs. He wouldn't eat if he wasn't fully equipped. ;)

Wysi

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
actually Mendi, it's a 2" G. pulchra, not all that tiny. (grin) i've been told that she/he will turn black probably after the next molt but not quite yet. ;P
Actually, I was talking about the tiny little guy in the picture with the dime, that is the B.albopilosum isn't it...? The young G.pulchra looks just a bit smaller than mine I've had for over a year. Mine is actually shiny black though as your's will surprise you one morning. They seem to go from sling brown straight into adult coloration, completely unlike the rainbow molts you'll experience with the versi. Those need to have a picture with each molt just so you can amaze yourself again and again with the changes it will make :cool:

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
skadiwolf what is that brown stuff in the picks on the first page in the first pic of the A versi

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mendi - actually...lol, forgive the bad picture taking but that is the A. versicolor! lol. it's just from the outside of the container with me holding the dime and a bad flash reflection. :)

redips - (grin) i KNEW someone was going to ask that after i posted it...hehehe. it's actually a drop of water absorbed into the soil. i drip water into the soil, wait until it's absorbed and then kind of blend it in. the little versi just decided to be super calm at that point and i figured it was a good time for a photo. (grin)

hehehe...don't worry guys, my Ts are all healthy, just look at my pics redips, you'll see. :D