The wait begins!!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Due to a busy weekend, i had to miss a semi local expo in the next state over (its in oregon).
Luckily there are a few local hobbiests, and members of this forum, who went and agreed to pick up a few things for me while there.
Naturally i headed out and got a few temp houses for my newest additions.
Nothing fancy but these will do for now!
20170401_193242.jpg 20170401_193153.jpg
These sould be plenty big enough for a couple 1" schioedtei slings and a 2.5+" Lv

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I normally just use coco fiber, but had this bag of organic soil left over from the female regalis enclosure i just decorated with live plants and succulents.

I mixed the two together so hopefully it works out well.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
ecoscraps... I love to view different kind brands of the stuff not available here (ecoscraps I mean, not soil).
I feel like Homer into a foreigner shopping mall searching for 'exotic' kind of beers :-s

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yea, im not too sure about it but figured why not. The guy at the gardening shop said it was a very good soil. I told him specifically what i was using ot for, and he assured me it is chemical/additive free

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Glad to hear the "locals" were able to pick up what you were looking for from the Hillsboro, OR expo. The next one is in May in Monroe, WA, I hope to be attending that one.
If you are ever unsure about substrate safety put some pet store crickets on it for 48 hrs or so and if they live it should be safe for inverts

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you are ever unsure about substrate safety put some pet store crickets on it for 48 hrs or so and if they live it should be safe for inverts
That is a good idea.
And yeah stephanie really stepped up to help me out with these incoming ones. She is definitely on my top favorite 3 people alive today haha. I definitely plan on stickin around a while so im sure the local networking will be awesome. I will definitely plan to go to that show in monroe. Do you have a link to the info? I appreciate your help in pointing me in all the right directions. Between the multiples of schioedtei and lv i have now im bound to have a female of each.. now onto the next 2 lampropelmas and a different large asian arboreal

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That is a good idea.
And yeah stephanie really stepped up to help me out with these incoming ones. She is definitely on my top favorite 3 people alive today haha. I definitely plan on stickin around a while so im sure the local networking will be awesome. I will definitely plan to go to that show in monroe. Do you have a link to the info? I appreciate your help in pointing me in all the right directions. Between the multiples of schioedtei and lv i have now im bound to have a female of each.. now onto the next 2 lampropelmas and a different large asian arboreal
annual Monroe, WA and Portland, OR shows
http://www.nwreptileexpos.com/

annual Hillsboro, OR and Puyallup, WA shows
http://www.pacnwrs.com/

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Finally got these guys today. My newest L.v is roughly 2.5" and suspect f (based off what i can see ventrally) but not getting my hopes up yet.

The 2 new schioedtei are both around an inch, from what i can see, and have both molted today. Im debating on whether or not to move them into these enclosures after they harden.

The enclosures are obviously way too large, but these guys burrow whilr small so may as well do it and let em grow up in these for a while!

Now that im sitting on all multiples of both these sp, its time to get my hands on a few nigerrimum and borneos..

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As a side question, does anyone keep adult Cyrio sp hatihati?
I have no knowledge of this sp, as it was never even heard of back when i was in the hobby.

I got a few questions id like to ask somebody with first hand experience