The Trio Theraphosa Species:

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
How do I fine the one they call Joe Rossi?

Lol

He in the classifieds or has his own webpage

Um:bag:.......don't know never heard of him. He certainly wold never post on this thread 4x lol
Or in Ab Fs/ Premium FS:banghead:

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi folks! I know I've posted photos of Theraphosa species before. Yesterday I purchased a Tamaron 90 mm macro lens so I'm using it with my Nikon D3000 would like your opinion. The photos of them before was from my IPhone 6s. Any ways feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hi folks! I know I've posted photos of Theraphosa species before. Yesterday I purchased a Tamaron 90 mm macro lens so I'm using it with my Nikon D3000 would like your opinion. The photos of them before was from my IPhone 6s. Any ways feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I think both look really good.

The big factor I find in my phone camera and my DSLR is light and size. In good natural light like you have here it is easy to get good photos with either one. In dimmer light my phone has to use a flash which can spook the tarantula and often remove the chance of a second shot on skittish Ts. My DSLR can often get the same shot without a flash and allow for multiple shots. The DSLR give better bokeh (edge blur) which makes the subject POP better against lots of busy backgrounds. Finally image size comes into play when you want to crop for a closeup. You DSLR will normally have a higher image resolution over the phone camera which will allow you to crop parts of it to get better closeups without losing so much resolution that the image looks grainy.

I like the second set better and as you use the DSLR lens you'll get better closeups.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Let's see this trio has molted a couple of times already since I've posted this thread, will post photos of them of their growth progress.

These is them today recently molted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Absolutely will not stop! My trio have molted three times and will keep on posting photos of their growth when they molt. So get your wallet out and start spending some green my friends.

Theraphosa blondi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Theraphosa apophysis - Female
IMG_4418.JPG
Theraphosa blondi - Immature Male
IMG_4414.JPG
Theraphosa stirmi - Immature Male
IMG_4352.JPG Another bites the dust photos of "The Big Trio".

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
I notice the stirmi has the light ends on the front legs like apophysis. I thought this was an apophysis trait?

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I notice the stirmi has the light ends on the front legs like apophysis. I thought this was an apophysis trait?
As slings/young juvies T. stirmi have the pale feet on the 4 front legs, T. apophysis has them on all legs, and blondi doesn't have them at all.

cold blood

Staff member
As slings/young juvies T. stirmi have the pale feet on the 4 front legs, T. apophysis has them on all legs, and blondi doesn't have them at all.
Thanks, made me go back and take a double take. Good to know.