The Trio Theraphosa Species:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I loveeee the T. apophysis. It's the only one I'm willing to put up with when it comes to the urticating hairs. Hopefully I can find one someday.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
First time I see all 3 species as sling compared. This might help some people in the future. Nice one, José.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First time I see all 3 species as sling compared. This might help some people in the future. Nice one, José.
That's one of the reasons I posted all three as slings. I will also be posting photos of them every time they molt.

By the way where the heck you've been at lately?

I loveeee the T. apophysis. It's the only one I'm willing to put up with when it comes to the urticating hairs. Hopefully I can find one someday.
There are three Theraphosa apophysis, three blondi and three stirmi that came out of the Europe. I'm keeping mine for now and the other six are going to be sold by the other two sellers. Each seller have three each.
I believe one of the sellers will probably try to sell the three species at the ATS Conference coming up in the next month.

Nice pics, thanks!
Thanks Rick! Not the best photos but it will do for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Great to see comparison pics Jose, I knew the difference in slings. I read it on the boards but never seen all three posted to compare.

Theraphosa apophysis all 8 legs have pink
Theraphosa blondi no pink on legs
Theraphosa stirmi front 4 legs with pink

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How big are these slings?
Oh I would have to say at least 1" inch. The Theraphosa apophysis is leggier than the other two. The stirmi is the smallest but not by much though.

Great to see comparison pics Jose, I knew the difference in slings. I read it on the boards but never seen all three posted to compare.

Theraphosa apophysis all 8 legs have pink
Theraphosa blondi no pink on legs
Theraphosa stirmi front 4 legs with pink
Yes that is correct! I also wanted the photos to be taken outside in natural lighting at the same time same location so people can see all three with the same lighting.

Ran

Arachnoknight
This is my 7-8" very young adult female apophysis. Mostly legs like Jose mentioned above, the leggiest of the Theraphosa's. P5251331.JPG

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
They are all fake hybrids...you don't have the real specimens!

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All the tarantulas in the world are all the same species/hybrid. Brachypelma annitha and smithi same species, it's coming soon!

Your Hapolopus sp. "Large" and "small" brocklehursti and geniculata etc. all the same.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Grazie......

Stick Hapalopus triseratus in there and all the pokies as well then Jose.....can't even begin on all your rose hairs as well lol

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You haveTheraphosa apophysis for sale?
No but Mr. Joe Rossi does.

Back in the day I use to have adults females apophysis and blondi but never did take photos on any of them. The only photo of an adult female that I have between the three is the stirmi. This photo was taken in 2009 wild caught female stirmi.

Theraphosa stirmi - Wild Caught Female