The time grows nigh, how do i take her eggsac?

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ive got about 15 days before i plan on taking my Heteroscodra maculata's eggsac. problem is i have no idea how im going to do it. anyone who has ever taken an eggsac from this species or maybe even a pokie who reads this post, your suggestions would be much appreciated. she has huge barriers of web everywhere, and given her blinding speed, the obvious aggression shes going to show when i get near the eggs, and this species' reputedly potent venom, i may very well end up posting a bite report too:D . anyway any help you can give would be great, thanks.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmm i was wondering the same, though with h.lividum. My lividum has also sealed the entire burrow up so is it a case of digging it out:S

sorry i wasnt any use

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lycanthrope,
What you should do is open the cage and with a spoon gently separate the mom from the sac, then with your hand or tweasers gently pic the sac up being carful not to burst any eggs. If you have the tarantula keepers guied it explains pretty well in there.

-Brandon-

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if you have a tank big enough, put the t's cage in it, get the mother to run out of that cage into the larger one, putting the lid on if nec. wait a bit, open the cage and remove the other one......does this make any sense?:?

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thanks guys, anyone else? i think mebebrazs idea sounds best so far.

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is just one of my ideas but depending on her size get a cardboard tube she could fit in. get some duct tape which will easily fit over one end of the hole and sort of tape the tape together till it is aquedet size making sure all the sticky portion is facing one side. Befoe covering ONE end of the hole, cut some more tape And cover up the sticky side that will be on the inside of the tube so nothing IN the tube can be glued or stuck to the tape. Place the tape on the tube and make sure the inside of the tube is Stick free. Get a lid of some sort (Plastic is ideal) and put it aside for later. Get a small object you can controll such as a paintbrush, chopstick, string, anything as long as it is not dangerous to T.s . Poke a hole in the middle of the taped hole and put the object through till it reaches the other side. Place the open end at your T.s face and gently annoy it until it will follow the object as you pull at the other end trying to attack it or some thing. Once the T. is in the tube pick up the plastic lid and cover the open end so it is trapped in there. Trans port it some where and remove the eggsack. This doen't have a 100% chance of working as your T. could just turn around and flick hairs or be too stubborn to move. But you could fit it in a burrow or something so that will be their only way out and you still got em.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by JDK
This is just one of my ideas but depending on her size get a cardboard tube she could ..................................................................................ay out and you still got em.
Wow!!!!!! That's some imagination!!!! You should build a mousetrap, you'd get rich!!!!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Call me scary, visionary, oracle if you may, but I see a doomed account.

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, nm, my prediction came true, but for some, in a seemingly alternate, and not quite so viewable universe.

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Vys

Originally posted by Vys Call me scary, visionary, oracle if you may, but I see a doomed account.
Originally posted by Vys
Ah, nm, my prediction came true, but for some, in a seemingly alternate, and not quite so viewable universe.
What are you talking about?...

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There was this guy here spamming quite severely. He made this post about giant things in every thread on the first page of at least a couple of these forums.