The Ten Foot Invert Challenge

Duriana

Arachnoknight
Ah if only I had any sort of camera besides a phone. Which leads me to the topic of what camera you guys would recommend for beginners?

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Japanese beetle found on rose bush in front yard. (Popillia japonica) IMG_1716.JPG Weevil found on the outside of my window (Curculionidae) IMG_1815.JPG

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Opened the front door and saw this mantis at face level. Bit of a startle I must admit. Lol! Mantis.jpg

Don't see these very often in my area. This one's nearly 6" in length.

This is the other mantis species in my area. Small maybe 3", hanging on the window screen by the front door. Small mantis.jpg 20170926_145840.jpg
Don't keep mantids, but are cool to see them about, left it alone to do its thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
This is the other mantis species in my area. Small maybe 3", hanging on the window screen by the front door. View attachment 253262 View attachment 253263
Don't keep mantids, but are cool to see them about, left it alone to do its thing.
I saw a few in the gardens when I was doing the water photos this weekend. Mom used to collect the egg cases in the fall and hatched them out in the spring. She'd release them into the fields after the weather warmed up. It was crazy to see all those little mantids running about on release day.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Harmonia axyridis

Ephemeroptera sp.
P9113460.JPG

Dorcus parallelus - Adult female
P8132939.JPG

Dorcus parallelus - Adult female

P7141520.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: