The Swift Inverts banner...

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What species is that in the picture? Thanks.

--Joe

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know, you tell me! :p

It's got a tannish cephalothorax, black legs, and what's visible of the abdomen is reddish/orange.

I ran an image search on H. vagans and couldn't find anything.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought we already decided that it was an unscrupulously photoshopped N. chromatus?

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It looks like a P. metallica to me? http://www.swiftinverts.com/swilogoblu.jpg

Maybe a link to what you're looking at might help.
You're looking at the wrong image, the same as I was in the other thread. On the Swift's website there is one image that looks like a p. metallica, and another that looks like a cyriopagopus sp. "blue" but neither one of them is the image everyone is referring to. Shadowblade and Butch are right, we established it is a heavily photoshopped n. chromatus.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Got it.

So...wouldn't that be false advertising? :p

Thanks guys for helping me clear it up. I looked and was like, "I want THAT!!!". Oh well.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Occasionally when the banner pops up, there is a really cool looking photoshopped centipede, too.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sure that Swifts is enjoying the free publicity.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah that is there to keep people from replying to threads with lol :)

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ErikH said:
You're looking at the wrong image, the same as I was in the other thread. On the Swift's website there is one image that looks like a p. metallica, and another that looks like a cyriopagopus sp. "blue" but neither one of them is the image everyone is referring to. Shadowblade and Butch are right, we established it is a heavily photoshopped n. chromatus.
AHH. I use the Firefox browser with AdBlock, so there are no banner ads displaying on Arachnoboards (nor ads on any other website). So the only "banner ad" I could think of was the display banner on his website. lol

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The tarantula banner is without a doubt a photoshop-doctored N. chromatus. I made that, teehee. :)

Long time no see, everyone!

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice work pategirl.

Butch, only you would do that. Hehe