The Streak Continues.....

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, my amazing success rate of 0% is still intact. I introduced a pair of T. ockerti resulting in absolutely nothing. I coaxed the male out, and he tip-toed around the top of the females enclosure. He then headed off in the opposite direction. The female was hunched in the corner the entire time.

I would be thrilled with ANY signs of interest..... :wall:

Edit: I am now 0.000001% successful. :clap: yippee...

Last edited:

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Just keep on trying bro... I have a long failing streak before my luck started to kicked in. I lost some valuable males (GBB, A. Moderatum) along the way... Im sure once your luck starts to kick in, you will have your hands full feeding and taking care of those slings... Lol..

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks... I put the lid back on the females enclosure and continued to let him walk around. He seems to show some mild interest now. Not sure about the female. So consider me thrilled I guess. This is only the second time I have even had drumming.

A step in the right direction at least.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I don't believe it, but he did it. Putting the lid back on her enclosure worked. After awhile I cracked it and they went right at it.

She lifted herself up and he went in and started stroking her with his palps. He got one good insert and then she fell over. She chased him off after that. I managed to save him with a mist of water.

She is wearing the evidence of a good insert. I will probably pass out if he is successful with my other female.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A step in the right direction at least.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

She chased him off after that. I managed to save him with a mist of water.

She is wearing the evidence of a good insert. I will probably pass out if he is successful with my other female.

That sounds actually pretty clever. I might try that when I start pairing tarantulas. I was gonna use a wooden spoon or ruler to shield the male but using a mist of water sounds safer against injuring the female.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It worked better than I thought it would. After she fell over he was stuck on top of her for a few seconds. I am guess he was still holding her fangs with his hooks until he could get away. She was pretty aggressive after that. There wasn't really anything I could do because instead of being side by side they were stacked.

He finally broke free and made a run for it. She chased at first and then stopped. Once he made another move she came after him again and that is when I shot a stream of water right in front of her. She stopped immediately.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I guess your luck is starting to pour in... Get ready to feed those hundreds of little buddies... Congrats!!!!

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just noticed the female has made a sac. Of course, I have been out of town for a couple days so I don't know exactly when she made it.

Seems a little dry in the cage... I hope it's good.