The Story Behind Your Username

megadeth1876

Arachnopeon
Something bad happened in 1876. But similar things happening now. It's about human nature. I hope everyone to know who they really are. Myself included.

By the way. I've been using this username for nearly 20 years. So that's me whether you see the username in Spanish,Britain or Chinses BBS.

wonderful

Arachnosquire
im sick ( spine/ head issues) and have been for a few years and one day when I was down a friend told me, “well you’re sick now but you will always be wonderful” and it stuck with me. Plus wonderful is such a wonderful word. So I now use it for everything.

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Mine is boring. It’s just my name and initials. I didn’t realize it was make a username so I just put in my name. XD

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Something bad happened in 1876. But similar things happening now. It's about human nature. I hope everyone to know who they really are. Myself included.

By the way. I've been using this username for nearly 20 years. So that's me whether you see the username in Spanish,Britain or Chinses BBS.
Are you referencing the Northern Chinese famine?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

ComputerDellLI

Arachnopeon
For a time, the most virus/hack infested computer in the world. Pardon the hyperbole, but it was the cyberattack capital of the world, by corporate, domestic, and foreign powers. In some irony, it was located next to the dahlia gardens which were placed in memorial of the 9/11 attacks.

Last edited:

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
im sick ( spine/ head issues) and have been for a few years and one day when I was down a friend told me, “well you’re sick now but you will always be wonderful” and it stuck with me. Plus wonderful is such a wonderful word. So I now use it for everything.
That's a great reply!!!

Europus Gigantus

Arachnopeon
How I chose my name here. So, I was the worst arachnophobe ever, really. Eritagena atrica had recently invaded the Pacific Northwest. I had never seen one or even heard of them. My kids had been overnight at grandma's with their little sleeping bags. Upon their return, I took the sleeping bags to the laundry room when a spider of the size I had never seen came zooming out and vanished in an instant. I refused to go back to the laundry room, and remained on high alert, really traumatized. A week or so later, I was combing my hair, next to the laundry room, when my brother came to visit. He was waiting for me at the bottom of our stairway. As I said hello and walked down the stairs, I reached up to brush a stray hair off of my neck...and came away with a handful of spider! Sorry, spidey, I threw you a little too hard.

Tl;Dr Anyway, I did a little research but this was early 90's, and no internet, so I kind of made up the name Europus Gigantus and that's what my family has called our European Giant House Spiders ever since. And I am no longer afraid of spiders...

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
Pretty straight forward and boring.

USN = United States Navy
Gunner = "Gunners Mate" in same.

I spent 20 years at a weapons and tactics guy in the finest Navy in the world. I loved my job, "Gunner" is what my friends call me. "This is the way." :rofl:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Pretty straight forward and boring.

USN = United States Navy
Gunner = "Gunners Mate" in same.

I spent 20 years at a weapons and tactics guy in the finest Navy in the world. I loved my job, "Gunner" is what my friends call me. "This is the way." :rofl:
Boring or not, thank you for your service, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

studentoo925

Arachnopeon
So, this username is related to my scout nickname, which is currently 11 year old (or maybe more, i've stopped counting at some point), but since simple words are not available for internet names i needed to add some random letters and numbers

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
Been a while since we had a topic worthy of a Welcome To Arachnoboards thread. Special thanks to @Arthroverts for suggesting this topic.

Since the dark ages of Usenet & BBS, through the renaissance period of AOL & Yahoo, to the current times of Forums & Social Media, creating an online persona has been a time honored tradition. For some, there is no more exciting and/or anxiety inducing feeling than clicking that register button and having to create a username. There's no comparing, to anything else in the world, the euphoric moment when you come up with what you think is the perfect name to use or the existential dread deep in your soul when you draw a complete blank .

Please take a moment and share with us The Story Behind Your Username. :)

Regards,
The Arachnoboards Team

Additional note 6/20/20: Apparently, unknown to some of us, a thread with the same topic has been going on in our off topic forum "The Watering Hole" since May of 2018. We would like to take a moment to give credit where credit is due to the original starter of that thread: @Greasylake

If you would like to read the original thread and you have Watering Hole access (more info on that here), here's a link to it: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/where-did-your-screen-names-come-from.307276/
I'm a big science nerd, I chose stardust because we're all made of stardust, "we are a way for the universe to know itself" -Carl Sagan *RIP*

I have found myself collecting 2 things:
Transformers and now Im entering Tarantulas

Im a nerd at heart.
Wow, that's the perfect embodiment of liking tarantulas and technology Lol Awesome

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
Let's see here. Survey says.................................

Nope. Not since 1815. ;)

:cool:
I'm a cylinder technician, one of our customers were on the front lines. He he had spears and everything in him, what you did is very respectful

I'm a cylinder technician, one of our customers were on the front lines. He he had spears and everything in him, what you did is very respectful
I replied to the
Rong person, just send the appecion message, thanks 🤟

Haha! Mine’s easy - Vapor and Motorcycles! :cool:

*second finest ;)

I fixed it for you! :D
I believe you did great, you risked your life for others, you did good

TheraphosidaeWebster

Arachnopeon
My love and passion for the 8 legs ever since I was kid I would catch house hold spiders in Mason jars....and would study them...I use to have a journal of logs I would keep...based on appearance and their behavior...the journal ended up looking like a dictionary for Araneae...hints the Webster...I want to study my Ts and log everything and pass the information on...

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
"Alba" (/ˈælbə, ˈælvə/ AL-bə, AL-və, Scottish Gaelic: [ˈal̪ˠapə]) is the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland.

"Arachnids" that's not too much of a mystery here :lol:

"92" year I arrived on this planet

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
"Alba" (/ˈælbə, ˈælvə/ AL-bə, AL-və, Scottish Gaelic: [ˈal̪ˠapə]) is the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland.

"Arachnids" that's not too much of a mystery here :lol:

"92" year I arrived on this planet
Are you 92 years old? If so, that's so awesome!

Are you 92 years old? If so, that's so awesome!
By the way, I think your saying you were born in 1992