The Speed of the P. cambridgei

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
there are perfectly docile species that could give worse bites. So, I'm afraid that is a flawed arguement.

Can you name a few of these "docile" species that have a stronger bite with potent venom? I am curious now.

demode

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There was never any warning signal from the spider and it was relatively safe, although I would never make such fast moves towards it since it can trigger a bite out of fear. (like the cupping attempt on the side of the tank during a running attempt). Very nice video! Thanks for sharing!

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you for the kind words and for watching my video and also the not so kind ones... Maby i do diserve to be bit and maby i am asking for it... but admit it pleanty of you would love to see a few new bite reports posted and to point and say haha i told you so.. Well to me honist with you im a bit curious to find out for myself what the venom of some of theise species is truly made of.. I know i will be bittin its only a matter of when..

Untill then i will handle what i please because its something that i enjoy doing. I think i do a decent job with the quicker species and i dont handle alone.. alwayse with a spotter in case the T gets away.

I dont want you all to think that i put my spiders threw handling on a often basis.. they come out at most once a month... so far out of what i have the maculata is definatly the scaryest one to work with.. my pokie is actually realy chill... The cambrigei usually isnt that spunky.. shes actaully prity well behaved for the most part.. her bite isnt anything a few IB profins and a 6 pack cant handle.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I see no problem with the video. I know when handling such fast species, things will get out of control. Its a thrill, but you have to keep it safe for the T. Don't do it if you're not sure it will not be hurt.

That's why P. irminia is my favorite species, there's never a dull moment.

-Sean

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I see no problem with the video. I know when handling such fast species, things will get out of control. Its a thrill, but you have to keep it safe for the T. Don't do it if you're not sure it will not be hurt.

That's why P. irminia is my favorite species, there's never a dull moment.

-Sean
Right on!!! LOL I agree :D

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
video

Well, the T was running away from being bothered, so initially all it wanted to do was run off a ways and stop, hoping it had outrun whatever bothered it. I agree, it was unlikely to bite at that time. But to continue bothering it, getting it to run repeatedly, and the cupping attempt after a run, was stretching the handlers luck. No, the T didnt bite after all, but could have. But after the T stopped, the first time, I think most T keepers would have carefully cupped it using whatever method they use (I use deli cup) and put the T back in the enclosure and left it alone, to let it calm down. Repeatedly keeping it running, to make an exciting video, is not responsible T handling,IMO, regardless if it would bite or not. Besides, the T jumped to the floor once, which is potentially harmful to the T.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
im not sure where the best forum to put this is so if the mods would like to move it at any time they are more then welcome to.

This is a video showing the speed of the P. cambridgei

i know allot of you are very against handling but i figured that some of the people here could still appreciate the speed that they are capable of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUbckLuhkQk

hey meaningless, check out this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=39029

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can you name a few of these "docile" species that have a stronger bite with potent venom? I am curious now.
C. bech's, rearhorned baboons. seem much nicer than a lot of brachy's and aphono's i've seen

also, G. rosea can kill a mouse faster than a LOT of other "bad" species!