The Slowest Avic. In The World (pictures from the most easily captured T, ever!)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello everyone!

Hope the weekend is well!

My A.avic escaped today, but the thing is -- She's really really slow (i've really never seen her bolt, unlike my other avics), and when she escaped, she went onto the top of a deli cup that was sitting in the sunlight... for once, i could see the beautiful colours, so i decided to snap some shots, since my cam was out with my PZB trying to win over pategirl's heart, so here they are: plus, my avic is down with being on my shirts... she'll just lay there, kinda pokie style while we listen to some good shoegaze music.. haha

here's 3 pics of the whole ordeal. This pic is where i caught her sunning herself (?)... which they never do, but still... beautiful colours!

peace,
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats her making her way up to her spot.... sorry its blurry and wierdly shot, but i'm not right handed and she always goes for the left side... damnit :)

pce,
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and finally, that's her spot.... i love how the blues come out in their legs on my shirt.... hot stuff! Sorry again about the blurry/cut off -- she's on my good hand as you can tell!

peace,
dave

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Great Escape

Wish I could say that for my 3" Avicularia urticans, it shot out of it's container and ran under the couch. It's still AWOL. Aggressive ones too!

N-Joy
Art

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man!

good luck finding that thing -- it will show up again!

where did you get your urticans from?!

Great pic!
peace,
dave

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey RD,

Nice looking pink toe ya got there. I guess it's better that it's a little on the slow side than a speed demon. One of my A. avics is very quick and always runs up my arm and down my back before I can usually grab it.

To Midwest Art: You say you have an A. Urticans on the agressive side? Mine seems sweet, but likes to try and rub her urticating hairs off on me when I take her out of her enclosure.

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I also have an A. urticans, cant really tell about its personality yet, its still a sling ,1". It is fast though, I also have a couple of A. avicularia and all three pinktoes are fast. By the way, does Midwest art have a website?
L8R
dale

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dunno. i dont handle so much, so it doesnt matter if theyre slow or not to me, but it is a plus when she gets out, which is rarely, but it is cute to see her all pokie-style on my shirt on my arm...

cant wait tillthe molts come!!! such beautiful T's after a molt (nothing like a pokie, still, however!)

more pics!
peace,
dave

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
My A. Avic is a speed demon:eek:
When I take it out, I have to have someone with me that
is willing to help out. Let me tell you, in this house it's not easy
to get anyone to help with these critters!
:p

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, my little avics are frigging fast! faster than my A.seemani, though that little buggers a bastard from hell :)

lets see some pics of your avics! Man, i can never get tired of seeing those guys!

peace,
dave