The Scorps of x Mr Awesome x

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm really wanting to have somewhere to put some pics up of my scorpions and the tarantula picture thread is not the place to do it! I don't many scorpions just yet but I do have several that I really like and enjoy! I hope everyone can have fun in sharing in my enthusiasm. Please let me know what you think!

-ben

Mature female Parabuthus transvaalicus

Mature male Parabuthus transvaalicus

Happy face

Parabuthus liosoma

Gravid female Grosphus grandidieri

Male Grosphus grandidieri

Heterometrus longimanus

More to come. I'm getting some rad scorps next week and I can't wait to share!

sfpearl300z

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great collection! I've seen your G.g videos on youtube before. I expect mine to be molted to 5i by the time I get home from work. Saw him/her clear some space in the substrate under a hide and assume the position. :D

Also, is that liosoma male? Looks male, and if so, I have a beautiful adult female who would love to meet him.... haha

Last edited:

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
great pics,traans are my faves by far...
andy
Me too. Thanks for the compliments!

Great collection! I've seen your G.g videos on youtube before. I expect mine to be molted to 5i by the time I get home from work. Saw him/her clear some space in the substrate under a hide and assume the position. :D

Also, is that liosoma male? Looks male, and if so, I have a beautiful adult female who would love to meet him.... haha

It is a male from the looks of it. I guess they show dimorphic characteristics pretty early on. For sure lets get some breeding going when mine matures!

Nice collection bro, :) did you find some orthochirus ?

I did! I have three females coming and one male I'm acquiring on trade. I'm going to keep them communally. I'm extremely excited!

You have the Grosphus grandidieri on sand?

Yes I do. I keep a small lid full of water. These have more arid tendencies than some keepers used to think. These have only been imported a couple of times and keepers tried multiple approaches. The dealer that I purchased mine from suggested that I keep them on sand. So far it has worked great.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Me too. Thanks for the compliments!

It is a male from the looks of it. I guess they show dimorphic characteristics pretty early on. For sure lets get some breeding going when mine matures!

I did! I have three females coming and one male I'm acquiring on trade. I'm going to keep them communally. I'm extremely excited!

Yes I do. I keep a small lid full of water. These have more arid tendencies than some keepers used to think. These have only been imported a couple of times and keepers tried multiple approaches. The dealer that I purchased mine from suggested that I keep them on sand. So far it has worked great.
WHOOOOHOOO more orthochirus breeding project for the U.S. Hobby. Let me guess you got the three female from tarantulainc and the male from filenamex ?

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WHOOOOHOOO more orthochirus breeding project for the U.S. Hobby. Let me guess you got the three female from tarantulainc and the male from filenamex ?
Halfway right! I did get the three from TarantulaInc ordered but sourced the male from another user in a trade.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanx for uploading and sharing your pictures!!! :clap::clap::clap:
That pair of Grosphus grandidieri look awesome!!!!!

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good schtuff! Definitely not kid friendly specimens >;)
Ehh... Nothin' too evil. Wish I could have bought like 6 A. mauretanicus from you! Someone please tell my fiancé I'm not going to get killed. Jeesh, haha.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice collection of scorpions and great pics to look at. Good to see that G.grandidieri seems to be established in the US hobby.

About that species, a bit of a funny story. I had a pair that became adult at instar 7 (both sexes) so I mated them,and my female became nice and fat, but no young. I had already agreed to trade them with someone else, so I needed to send them. A couple of months later that person informed my that the female molted again (into instar 8) en he needed to remate her.

From what I hear from other keepers, it is quite unusual for G.grandidieri females to become instar 8.

for people who are interested, I wrote species biographies about G.madagascariensis and G.grandidieri, which you can download from The Scorpion Files. ;)

Cheers, Michiel

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some new pics~~~

Hope you guys like these new pics!

Here's three new 'females'. I hope that's what they are! Can anyone tell me if these look gravid or premolt?

Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis

Parabuthus transvaalicus

With venom on the telson and dripping on the back! Awesome!!!

Gravid Grosphus grandidieri drinking

Hope everyone enjoyed! Thanks for comments.

-ben

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet! The pics are great! Which species would you say is your favourite?

I keep meaning to catch up with you, but....I have no excuse. I've been needing to come into GD for a couple
weeks now. Are you still there?

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Was it just me or anyone else? The h.longimanus looks more like a h.laoticus to me...
Im judging from the smooth carapace and black telson