The right temperature?

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
I'm wondering if I am keeping my C. versicolor sling and SAF A. seemani at the right temperature. My house is usually between 69 and 71, so I bought a small heat pad that I keep in between the seemani's and the versi's enclosure. The pad is not tightly pressed against either enclosure, and the plastic of the tanks never feels too hot to the touch.

Am I doing the right thing? I used to have an AF A hentzi and she did fine without a heat pad.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm wondering if I am keeping my C. versicolor sling and SAF A. seemani at the right temperature. My house is usually between 69 and 71, so I bought a small heat pad that I keep in between the seemani's and the versi's enclosure. The pad is not tightly pressed against either enclosure, and the plastic of the tanks never feels too hot to the touch.

Am I doing the right thing? I used to have pan AF A hentzi and she did fine without a heat pad.
Your heatpad is directly touching the glass between both enclosures? Albeit a gap?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Am I doing the right thing? I used to have an AF A hentzi and she did fine without a heat pad.
Yes you're good to go pal, as long as there's not too much heat (really hot) in one spot as that could de-hydrate your tarantulas, as there's a gap all should be good. Enjoy your 8 legged wonders.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I wouldn't use a heat pad on a Caribena sling. Find for the seemani, they're more hardy.
I'd remove it asap. Wouldn't be surprised if you found a dead sling after a molt.