The right steps

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh I deffeenitly agree man. There colors are awesome and there cheap. Double awesome lol.
I sold my AF last year and the guy who bought her has mated her (although she ate the MM) but still her bloodline will live on and I think I may be getting some free slings ;)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OBT Havent heard anything good about them except for them being reall really sweet looking wich I agree with.
There's plenty good about them! They are VERY hardy. The orange coloring is awesome, so is the green & orange mixture of the star pattern on their carapace. Truely amazing webbers, really.

Mine are setup in kind of tall, half dirt filled containers & have decorated completely different. My female burrowed down in a corner, then towards the middle where I see she has made a bit of a hidden trap entrance.
The male has webbed like crazy. He has a tunnel going down one side to the bottom, across the other side, then back up. Most the substrate above the tunnel is suspended in the air by his webbing :eek: And due to his spastic webbing, he looks like he has way more dirt then he does.

Neither of mine have given me so much as a threat pose yet, I must not poke & prod them enough :D

And no collection is complete without at least one :D You just have to be ready.

Jeeeees....

P.regalis are still awesome!!!

My girl was one of my favourite T's ever!!!
Lol! Don't get me wrong on my comments about P. regalis. They are beautiful & I do love the yellow bands, they just don't make drool the same way that ornata & rufilata do :D

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I reccommend Getting a P. Regalis and a P. irminia sling. They are flighty and not yet bitey. They will crawl all over you if they escape the vial but you can try to get used to the speed with less risk of getting bit. Not saying they dont bite as slings, but its less likely.

But if you want to go with an adult go with a P. regalis. I think someone can reccommend a good beginner pokie. But like stated above personality varies.

My first Ts i got went something like this.... G. rosea, H. lividum, P. murinus, P. regalis, A. Seemanni. Ill admit i wasnt ready for a haplo.. Just thank god it was a 3" male and couldnt climb glass.. He was sooo mean!!

The P. murinus is a good starter too. They tend to stand and fight instead of running right away. Its better to have a mean T try to fight then run.. Than to run then fight. {D But when i started out i showed them off to friends to show people how mean they are. {D It didnt take being bit but I have since changed my outlook on that and dont provoke threat displays. :embarrassed:

The OW Ts can be enjoyable to observe when they are just being themself by themself. Also with some feeders over for company. ;P

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im a huge fan of pokies. I started with a rose, but soon had a LP sling and a little P. irminia. I belive my first pokey was my 4th T, and it was a P. pederseni, which I must say seemed to have a somewhat calm temperament. They are incredibly fast, but have some of the most intricate patterns.

OBT was one of my later purchases, but still fun. Mine had 7 legs when I got it. Didnt make a difference, still teleported no problem.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
P.regalis was my third T ever and they are sooooo beautiful!!!

I cant help but recommend them, my girl was 7" when I sold her to a pal, and now shes hopefully gonna reproduce :D

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Ok so im picking up a P.Regalis for myself tomarrow and 2 G.Rosea from Mark at animal magic. that will make 7 woo hoo im almost at double digits.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
my next i already know is an A.minatrix whenever I find 1
Paulatpetcenter has both A. minatrix .5" and A. diversipes 1.5". I just ordered 2 diversipes from him. I also seen some in the classifieds. Run a search in the classifieds "diversipes" and "Minatrix" PM me if you have any trouble or would like some help hunting. :) -Doug

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Paulatpetcenter has both A. minatrix .5" and A. diversipes 1.5". I just ordered 2 diversipes from him. I also seen some in the classifieds. Run a search in the classifieds "diversipes" and "Minatrix" PM me if you have any trouble or would like some help hunting. :) -Doug
There you go....

Buy a A.diversipes (I recommend them, look at my picture thread if you would like to see there development) I'm only still up because I'm listening to Hendrix and boozing.....

Far too late here.....

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Ok can't search or PM I'm on my phone rite now but is ther a website or can this paul at pet center call me I live in Michigan.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
K thanks ill have to get to him tomarrow .net pages don't work on my phone. What state is he in ?

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
You should look into getting a C.fasciatum! they are truely beautifull T's. at first I didnt want one but I am so so glad I got one! they arnt to friendly but deffinatly a looker! mine gives a good show when feeding time comes around aswell. :)

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Yes ive been looking for a cool dwarf T but I was leaning towards a A.Minatrix. Ill prolly end up getting both...

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Yes ive been looking for a cool dwarf T but I was leaning towards a A.Minatrix. Ill prolly end up getting both...
:clap: Thats what i wanted to do but i needed 2 of each and that was pricey! I cant wait till i get mine this thursday ;P