The Queen and I

Vayu Son

Old Timer
Handling of theraphosids is not advised or endorsed by myself or the owners of arachnopets.com. The species presented here is reported to have a higher toxicity of venom and a level of aggressiveness above that of most tarantulas. By viewing these pictures you release myself and the owners of arachnopets.com from any damage or harm, personal or legal, that may result from emulation of these photographs.

Comparison of bite reports from this species and its genus has indicated systemic distress that follow predictable patterns. For more information:

http://www.goldenphoenixexotica.com/bite.html

http://www.bighairyspiders.com/poec.html

http://arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?threadid=1901

This is my girl Lloth, an adult female Poecilotheria fasciata who is currently seeking a mate. She was very graceful in permitting me this privelage.

-V

Attachments

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is Stunningly gorgeous.

What a beauty and she Is being Very very graceful about allowing you this.

Nice thing you got pictures of the event too. :)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

wow that is a spectacular looking poec!! i now know i need those(well i knew i did but wow!), very cool i see some tool pics in the backround they rock!, awesome man, if i had a male i would definetly send him!--Jeff

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm sorry, but does that poster in the background say "no.... nigger..." or something like that? Weird. Anyhow, wow that is a gorgous spider. As of now, it is on my wish list.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Thats, uh, "chrono trigger". From the squaresoft superNES rpg ;)

-V

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
chrono trigger Lam...not "no nigger"....

Edit: Oops...y'all wuz faster :D

Last edited:

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whoah...Pretty and Deadly! Just like meatloaf...Hmmm...

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Vayu Son, WOW, great pictures. ANd I said it w/out using exclamation points! :D

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
these pics are nice. Have you ever been bit? And why do feel the need to handle such a potentionaly dangerous speices?:?

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I have never been bit. The key is respecting the animals natural signals and responses. If she indicated distress I would not have attempted it.

Poecilotheria have a higher toxicity of venom, but potential does not equate to danger. My dog could potentially rip out my throat, but I will wrestle with him on the ground.

I dont feel a need to handle any spider just as the spider does not feel the need to be handled. It is a contact and privelage that I am lucky to have shared with this animal.

Again, if I did not trust myself or the spider involved in this situation then these pictures would not exist. In no way do I promote handling of Poecilotheria, with the exception of experienced keepers and handlers that have full knowledge of the risks involved.

-V

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
what a beautiful spider!
I can't wait till my pokies get larger. If I keep having them go missing, I'll never get that chance, and one day may have the misfortune of unwanted contact between the 2 of us!
My regalis just molted, and needs rehoused, it's probably around 2.5" or so now

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
nope, thought she was larger than she was LOL
I'd say she's 3-4"...she burrowed for 5 months, and I couldn't remember what she looked like LOL
I'm TERRIBLE at guesstimating size, unless I have them out. She's never molted either.