The problem with a community...

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Is know who molted when! I just found a fresh molt in my P. formosa colony. Wasn't there yesterday. Since they are all from the same sac, I can hope that the others will molt also, soon. There is fresh water available. I've kept them fairly well-fed, so hopefully there is no cannibalism going on. I just saw one of them in the entrance to his hide. It was on the other side of the tank from this molt, so it may not have been him. There are several distinct hides in the tank.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
hmmmm, I did when I first got them, I'll have to go back and find my original thread.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Will try and post a photo as soon as I find my camera cord. Took a new one today Winkin and Blinkin have spent most of the day pokey stretched out, in the open. I can just see Nod's toetips in one of the burrows. All three accounted for. It looks like W & B are fat and well fed. I feed 6+ medium crickets a week, and most are gone by the end of the week. They have done quite a bit of webbing over the weekend.

Oh hey, maybe this will work. Not as good as a camera photo, since I used my phone. The red arrow is the burrow where Nod is. If you squint you can see a toe-tip. Winkin and Blinkin are clearly visible in the lower right hand corner. They have crawled back and forth, over each other, and back again since noon. I have the heat up a bit today since *I* was cold after being out in the rain all weekend.

It does not look it in the photos, but the substrate (eco earth) is two inches deep, they the two bark slabs (one of them frequently sits on top of the cork) and they have a large (rock stepped) water dish behind the cork.

Marga

Attachments

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The recently moulted one should look brighter and larger, but the issue of knowing which one moulted is common. :)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
The recently moulted one should look brighter and larger, but the issue of knowing which one moulted is common. :)
I am certain I have two that have molted... but cannot find the second molt. They may all three have... but only found the one molt for sure. Without tearing up their little world, I cannot tell for certain.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Confirmed sighting of all three babies this afternoon! Huzzah! It still looks like two have molted, one has not. They all appear to be in good weight (by looking at abdomens before they all three squished down the same hammock), have crickets and water available.

Whew.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Thought everyone might like an update on the community. I'm looking at the three P. formosas right now. The smaller two are sitting side-by-side (one up, one down, like Yin and Yang) with their legs overlapping.

The largest of the three has just freshly molted and is strettttccccchhhhheddd out lower down on the tank. Earlier, still uncurling from his molt, the middle-sized one was sitting in the same webbing with him.

There are two molts in the cage, the one from the largest, and one from the smallest, I believe. The largest is now well over 3" DSL. They all seem quite content. I observed one of them eating the other day. They have water and prey available, and a vast interesting web system.

Marga