The P. Dictator

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So what are the odds that a P. Dictator would get caught accidently along with some P imperators?

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Deolok said:
Ha! ... Maybe I should arm myself up with my own aray of weapons?

Check List

• Parachute
  • Rations
  • Short Sword
  • AK
  • Magnum
  • Rubber Chicken
  • $10,000
  • $1,000 in Gold Coins
  • Picture of Self in 5th Grade
  • Picture of Pandinius Dictator
  • Exportation and Importation of Exotic Creatures License

Sound good? Anyone else have any ideas?
Rubber chicken? {D

Btw P dictator is protected by Cites, just so you know.:)

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well so are P Imps, Cites just regulates the amount that flow into the pet trade.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just say that its a heterometrus. LOL!!

the rubber chicken if for lure for any nearby pradator, just throw it when a T-rex comes near you, ohh, having about a hundred of it makes about 99% that you are safe from predators.

{D

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ha, Not to mention I could use it as a sort of holy relic couldn't I? Hmmm.... {D

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll go

I too have the P. dictator bug [for some reason]. I have military experience, (infantry) my own body armor, and a friend from Kenya that won't help. lol
Get the funds together. Let's go shoppin.
I've always wanted to see the Congo. Hell, in a couple years when I get my degree I may even be able to get a grant for the thing and make it legit. Do your homework, get serious, learn how to shoot; field research is for Indiana Jones, not Bill Nye the science guy.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
field research is for Indiana Jones, not Bill Nye the science guy.
I'm glad you said that -- because Indiana Jones was a professor of archaeology. Yes, you need a variety of field skills to go out there and get stuff. But to go to all that trouble just to have a pretty bug to put in a box is an absolute waste of time and money in my opinion. At the very least, one should get in contact with those working with those genera and geographic areas so that you can collect relevent data for them, even if you can't do the research yourself.

And while everyone is pushing the fact that humans are the dangerous ones, nature can be quite dangerous itself if you don't know what to expect. Doing some research into the flora and fauna of an area can definitely keep you safer and may also help in your quest. And definitely don't expect to find much on your first few trips -- especially if you are going without experienced people.

Cheers,
Dave

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yup, agree...

any chances that you might die before getting on africa...
plane crash
etc.

chances that you die on africa before getting dictator
killed by whoever wants to kill you
killed by parasitic insects
drowned on a quicksand, forest version(lol)
etc.

chances that you die after getting a dictator
you dont know that its it venomous (no one knows since no one ever found dic)
killed by whoever wants to kill you
killed by parasitic insects
drowned on a quicksand, forest version(lolx2)
etc.

chances that the dictator that you get was very old
and it died...

ohhhh so sad on the last one...

Jeremy Huff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi All,

I am curious where that initial photo that begins this post is from. I am curious because I caught that specimen and was standing next to the photographer when it was taken....Very nice animals

Jeremy

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi All,

I am curious where that initial photo that begins this post is from. I am curious because I caught that specimen and was standing next to the photographer when it was taken....Very nice animals

Jeremy
to the best of my knowledge that is a Rick west photo from 2003. i think it's from his website, but i can't be certain

Jeremy Huff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks,
I knew it was Rick's photo, I just wasn't sure where it was posted.
Somewhere I have a slide of my holding a few of them. I will try to find it and post it.

Jeremy

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Time to ressurect this old post. I do this because now I am looking for more information on this Dictator and was wondering if anyone had located any yet? I am writing a paper on it for one of my classes and I am trying to give examples of rare, extremly posioness, docile, aggressive, and common scorpions. Was hopeing to get some information about the Dictator. Anyone find anything new?

Herd African government might go unitary? (This just a rumor? Or after America is done with Iraq are we heading down to the Congo? :confused: :} )

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Herd African government might go unitary? (This just a rumor? Or after America is done with Iraq are we heading down to the Congo? :confused: :} )

that would never ever happen, and thats a good thing!

P.dictator has scant information on the web unfortunately :(

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that would never ever happen, and thats a good thing!

P.dictator has scant information on the web unfortunately :(
What do you mean that is scant? And why wouldn't African government ever go unitary? To be honest I am not even sure what the current government their is right now. I know its not a democracy :embarrassed: , is it a form of dictatorship?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
TWas hopeing to get some information about the Dictator. Anyone find anything new?
Here is a excerpt to an 'excel' file from CITES website: (it shows Total net trade in wild-Appendix-II Invertebrata by taxon 1995-1999)
------------------|--------|-------|--------|--------|-------|-------|
Taxon | Term | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 |
------------------|--------|-------|--------|--------|-------|-------|
Pandinus dictator | bodies | 0 | 0 | 10 | 0 | 0 |
Pandinus dictator | live | 12 | 0 | 210 | 400 | 0 |
------------------|--------|-------|--------|--------|-------|-------|---|
Pandinus imperator | bodies | 20 | 0 | 22 | 0 | 0 |
Pandinus imperator | live | 43457 | 56367 | 82459 | 96364 | 98884 |
------------------|---------|--------|--------|--------|--------|---------|

(Sorry about how jumbled it looks :8o it looked good as I wrote it)

You can see they have exported P. dic. but not as many as P. imp. :D

here is the link I found it at, "st2001inv_totals.xls" Rows 81 - 85

Also this has been an interesting read, if you ever do get a mating couple of P. dic. I'd buy some from you ;)

here also are some links to pics of what you might run into in these countries... :rolleyes: {D :rolleyes:

Link 1 :D
Link 2 :D

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But did you read the details on Abdullahi Amadu? He and the rest of his crew are entertainers. I am sure for a price they would gladly lead a group of explores to a Dictator. Though I am sure loyalty comes at much higher priced compared to directions/guidance.

Do they have an arangatang on a leash too? That is such a crazy country. But think...If you were to enter Africa, armed to the teeth and with one mission...To find the P. Dictator. (Rarest Scorpion of them all ((For arguments sake))) That would be an incredible movie...

They would call it,

Dictator
Documentry

OR

Dictator
Based on a true story...

Holy hell, what an idea. Think I'll start writing down some ideas for a possible book or script. Anyone got any comments/ideas?

Last edited: