The P. Dictator

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have been doing some small research on this species and as always, they are incredibly rare. In fact I thought it was just something someone made up. Apparently not, they are indeed a living arachnid.

The link to the picture on scorpion files-
http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/p_dictator(f).jpg

Their known orgins are: Cameroon , Congo , Equatorial Guinea , Gabon , and Nigeria.

There common name is Kaiserskorpion (which I believe is german).

They are currently protected by CITES and their distrubution through the pet trade to me is still unknown.

I will continue to post back when I find more then just basic information on them. If you know anything, post back! :?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you say Kaiserskorpion to a german collector, they think P. imp.
Im sure most people who own/collect scorps know of this sp. Goodluck finding info on this scorp as you said its very rare.

I also thought it was a joke to begin with, p. imperator now p. dictator but i think i looked that up before i got my first scorp, i waited a looong time before i could get my first.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what do you mean? You searched for a P. dictator as your first pet or imperator?

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Still searching! I may find some interesting info out pretty soon!

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can anyone tell me what this lingo is?

Allekirjoittanut matkailee tässä välissä muutaman viikon, joten ei kannata huolestua jos ylläpidon sähköposteihin ei vastailla tai kannatusjäsenyydet ei astu ihan samalla kellonlyömällä voimaan kun maksu kilahtaa tilille... ;) Lueskelen toki satunnaisesti postia, mutta tuskin mitään suurempia operaatioita pystyn nettikahviloista suorittamaan.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Deolok said:
Still searching! I may find some interesting info out pretty soon!
You may be searching for a looooooooooooong time. I never could find out much about them

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. Dictator is one of the holy grail species..... it might be easier to find an honest and for true unicorn than it is to ever see a P. dictator on the hobby.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Probably because of the country they are native to. It either doesnt allow exporting or it is one of those countrys that they issue weapons upon entering to protect you from the guerillas LOL

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So what would issueing weapons to protect us effect the way we find this scorpion? There must be a way to find one, I have seen quite a few more pictures of them.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well according to the import/export act of singapore in chapter 92A you need to obtain a liscence to enter the field, obtain, and transport and species of wildlife from that area...

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
think about it. a P Dictator would run you a pretty penny. i mean H swammerdammi selling for 200 bucks... so P.dict would be running the same if not more. Also as stated several of the countries listed as being in it's home range are not the most hospitible there are in africa, what with the state of their governments.

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Deo,

As Brian implies above: Even in countries that would allow exportation of certain species, political unrest, civil wars and other conflicts (e.g. Somalia, Sudan, etc.) often prohibit collecting in certain countries or regions. In some regions, the only thing you're likely to collect is some rounds from an AK or FAL!
In other countries, laws regarding the collecting and exportation of wildlife are rigidly enforced carrying heavy penalties (e.g. Brasil, RSA, etc.).
Of course, there is always the opportunity for the enterprising - there are species from Brasil & India in the hobby, and several other closed-for-export countries. In some regions, all you need is $$$ and you can get whatever you want once you make the "right" connections. Like the old adage - everything and everyone has a price!

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They also can not issue a warrant for capture and exporting them either. Apparently they are endangered as well... Whos coming with me to Africa to obtain this rare species of Scorpion!?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some of those countrys in Africa could be a little dangerous to an American/European bug collector. Many of those nations have more civil wars than Carter has liver pills. That's what the weapons are for even though I was being sarcastic.
Bottom line is that there are several bug species in Africa (probably some undescribed) but going there and getting them could be like Russian Roulette

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We could use my powerful form of camoflauge! I call it "ground!"

I want this scorpion!

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tell ya what.. you pay for all my visas and the travel accomodations, with a long stop over in japan included and i will think about going to africa to help you get caught breaking the law.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent! Ha what a trip it would be. To complete strangers leave the United States in search of a rare breed of scorpion, but to there disliking they run into a few other problems along the way...

The Action...
"Bayushi, get down! The Monkey Dogs are here!"

The Suspense
"Is this it Deolok? Is this him!?"

The Horror
"Look at this mess, its like an AIDS epodemic broke loose after it rained malaria."

The Romance
"Deolok! Shes back in Japan...She needs me...!"

The Friendship
"Bayushi...I need you!"

Two men!
One Species!
No way Out...

Van Damn & Michael McChaunhey in...

*BOOOMMM!!!!*

The Venom of Africa....

In theaters the summer I get screwed....

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sadly you are pitching an action flick and seeing how both Chris farley and john candy are dead.. you need to cast another fat comedian in my role.

CaptainChaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Deolok said:
Can anyone tell me what this lingo is?

Allekirjoittanut matkailee tässä välissä muutaman viikon, joten ei kannata huolestua jos ylläpidon sähköposteihin ei vastailla tai kannatusjäsenyydet ei astu ihan samalla kellonlyömällä voimaan kun maksu kilahtaa tilille... ;) Lueskelen toki satunnaisesti postia, mutta tuskin mitään suurempia operaatioita pystyn nettikahviloista suorittamaan.
That´s Finnish. The guy who wrote it is on vacation for a few weeks.