The One Thing

Fincloser

Arachnopeon
I have done many things to improve the life of my t's like add a humidifier, air purifier and light timer but the thing that seems to help the most (ie faster growth and more activity) in my case has been changing Temps between day and night. I have about 7 to 10 degree difference between day and night for the last 8 months and my t's seem to be thriving better than ever. The only thing I can attribute this too is the temp changes daily. As soon as I started closing the t room off during the day (letting it heat up by closing off all ac vent's and closing the door to the room) and opening it up and cooling off at night my t's have been more active and seem to be growing faster. My question to you is what have you done and noticed a positive difference in your collection?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Never used a humidifier, air purifier (? - reminds to me sorta 'Fallout' stuff-devices) and a light timer in my entire life for my arachnids :)

I think that to have a difference between 'Day & Night' temperatures should be mandatory. A drop, nighttime, is IMO essential.

In Winter I keep mine at 24/25° C 'Day', while at night always at 19° max max 20° C, no matter the species. From late Spring to Summer, nothing, just the window always open, with a lot of air circulation via the main doors/stairs etc

I'm also helped by the gentle Mediterranean weather, in that.

starnaito

Arachnosquire
I recently got a crested gecko, and because she's in the tarantula room, I started doing nightly temperature drops in the room for her sake. After a while, I had a few tarantulas who were fasting for no particular reason that started eating again. But I don't know if the night/day temperature change attributed to this. It was also getting warmer during the day due to summer weather, and I know Ts are more active and eat more in warmer temps.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Increased heat always increases metabolism for our friends, summer is a great time to be a T.