The Official Malaysian Jewel Appreciation Thread (pics I hadn't posted)

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats a really intense black!!!! My humble 'pede collection wouldnt suffer from having a few of those :).

phil.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
great this old topic got "bumped" :D

they are indeed stunning ! :drool:

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got myself 6 pedes now, and the baby Scolo "Tobago" och "Vanuatu" takes the price so far. HOping for my Tiger legs to get some colors after the next molt.

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I first saw that centipede...I thought it was fake. I was like, no way is a pede that colorful, it looked like someone painted the thing, like my ghetto neighborhood got to it.

Second thing I thought was that someone doctored or modified the colors somehow.

Third thing I thought was, maybe its some sort of experiment by some labs, I mean they created a blue rose (from what I can remember) maybe they goofed around and created a colorful pede.

That pede is nice, but too much color sort of makes it a bit creepy for me. I still rather prefer a peruvian, they rock all the way. Unless there's a bigger pede that loves to expose itself a lot :p

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i *think* Lord Steven said he might have read/heard that they are S. subspinipes?

from the pics it looks like it would be dehaani if it is

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lets see uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... O MY GOSH WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats one of the most amazing centipedes I have ever seen . Just WOW !!!

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol oh man that was like the lamest surprised reaction comment I've ever seen hahahaha....

I really hope you don't react like that in real life :p

Well time for a shower...and yes...that centipede is indeed dazzling. Wonder how much it'll cost if it was avail.....

dehaani

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would love to have one of them in my collection! It's beautiful. :eek:

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This old fart thread hasn't been bumped in several years. So...

BUMP! Does anyone know if these are at all available ever?

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow that's incredible looking. What species was this confirmed to be? I think I saw cacoserpah say something about Scolopendra subspines dehaani back there?

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was hoping this would get cacoseraph's attention. I'll use this as a bump and maybe he'll see it.

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

wantonewantonewantone. wanttwo. wantthree. nowanthismorenow.
From a keeper's view I find the Jewels too candy / plastic and boring.
Low temp loving species. Never forget.

Ofc taxonomical view is more interesting to me, but my heart belongs to the "ugly", "small" and "brown" or "dull" centipedes when it comes to keeping.

I can understand the hype, but it's somehow like P. metallica: People need something exciting to show their friends. :)
That's what hobby is obviously made of.

BTW: No, it's not a dehaani. I'm quite sure. This species has never been confirmed to be anything.

Cheers
Turgut

Last edited: