The "Next Time" List of Tarantulas

Liquifin

Arachnoking
There is always a "next time" list of tarantula species I would like to own after the priority list, but I never take the chance to obtain them. On my "next time" list is certainly the I. mira and P. muticus. One thing I can say for certain is that these two species are always offered to me, but I just turn down the discounts as I keep prioritizing other species instead. It's been about 3 years and I still said "I would get them next time" which I still haven't got them :bag: . I'm certain everyone has that next time list as well after a priority list of what you want so I'm just curious to know what is your "next time" list of species that you never got due to the "priority list first" or because of laziness.

AdieSWA

Arachnopeon
P Lugardi
B Hamorii
A Geniculata

Particularly the A Genic, like I really want one but there is always something I want that little bit more next to it :rolleyes:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Dwarfs. I would like to have some but just not that bad, i guess.
H. villosella seem up my alley.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I regret getting rid of my I. mira, I will get a few next chance i get.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My #1 next time species is A. geniculata. They're gorgeous and I hear they're fantastic eaters I just can't ever get my hands on a juvenile.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Don’t hate on me anyone for this but my text time includes Grammastola and Brachypelma’s. Never been all to crazy about them for some reason so it’s always like ‘yeah maybe one day..’ never had one.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Psalmopoeus (other than Irminia/Victori which I have). Dwarfs took priority, but the psalm’s are in the one day bucket. They are easy enough to get, so I keep bumping them to the “next time“ list.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Don’t hate on me anyone for this but my text time includes Grammastola and Brachypelma’s. Never been all to crazy about them for some reason so it’s always like ‘yeah maybe one day..’ never had one.
Never had one at all? Wow. What species are you thinking about getting first?

Jess S

Arachnobaron
H pulchripes
P miranda
M balfouri

Are the main ones I really love on sight, but seem to keep passing up the opportunities to acquire.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Never had one at all? Wow. What species are you thinking about getting first?
I know weird right!? I might be a total anomaly not owning any of those two genera lol. Mainly the dwarfs are coming in always first and for awhile it was always arboreals. debating pulling the trigger on a few dwarfs right now.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I know weird right!? I might be a total anomaly not owning any of those two genera lol. Mainly the dwarfs are coming in always first and for awhile it was always arboreals. debating pulling the trigger on a few dwarfs right now.
Have you ever kept N. Incei ? They are my favorite dwarf species

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Have you ever kept N. Incei ? They are my favorite dwarf species
Yes I got a few, and they are pretty damn awesome!!

Although one is a high strung psycho, I never seen more bolting and constant running around at slight disturbances than any other T. It will hide in its web tunnel then something will come over it and it will run all around it’s enclosure. It’s not a MM wandering just a total nut lol Kinda amazing behavior to witness though. Ever had one like that?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +

Although one is a high strung psycho, I never seen more bolting and constant running around at slight disturbances than any other T. It will hide in its web tunnel then something will come over it and it will run all around it’s enclosure. It’s not a MM wandering just a total nut lol Kinda amazing behavior to witness though. Ever had one like that?
No most of mine been calm just a little skittish, i do want to pick up some H. Longipes and maybe a few of the OW dwarfs, I have always been a dwarf fan.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
No most of mine been calm just a little skittish, i do want to pick up some H. Longipes and maybe a few of the OW dwarfs, I have always been a dwarf fan.
Yeah I have been always keeping my eye out for any Harpactirella but they seem to very rarely come up for sale. If you see any of them come up shoot me a message! Cause those I won’t miss a chance to pick up, I would love to try and breed that genus if I could.

Craig73

Arachnoangel

Mine gave me a jump scare last week. Was nudging a roach to one of its burrow openings and damn thing jumped out for blood. I was expecting it at the other entrance. By the time I reacted it was back in the burrow feasting away.

MontePython

Arachnosquire
I. mira is probably the biggest. I keep seeing slings and thinking "Oh I really love the look of them, and the trap doors are very cool" but then I inevitably end up getting something else. One day for sure though!

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
My next time (when I move into a place and get a tarantula room) list is:

All of the Aviculariinae
All of the Ephebopus
All of the Psalmopoeus
All of the available Dolichothele
All available Phormictopus
All available Mexican species
All available Philippines species
All CA native species
All Grammostola
Augacephalus ezendami
Pelinobius muticus
Poecilotheria rufilata
Monocentropus balfouri communal

I'm not getting any of those until I have more room, but there are plenty that I will keep buying before then.