The next popular feeder roach

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so... i was wondering, who here mix their roaches up? like putting three or four different species in the same container? I mix my drawf hissers, L. Subcincta, B. fumigata, and my b. dubia together and there are no problems.
the only problem i had was putting the b. lateralis with the colony above.
jason
I have a large naturalistic set-up in a glass aquarium that I am very proud of. It is like a community fish tank, only with roaches. It is nicely landscaped with corkbark and wood. I use soil, peat, moss, oak leaves as the substrate. It is populated with live-bearers only, or so I thought, I just found some egg cases and I can't imagine who is laying them.:? :confused: I have fancy hissers of all types, L. subcincta, O. orientalis, P. pallidus, S. lampyridiformis, and D. punctata. I had B. fumigata until yesterday, I took them all out because I read in another thread that one ate another roach. The only major problem in my tank is that there is interbreeding among the different types of hissers, but I never plan on selling them anyway, so I do not see it mattering that much. I also have lots of isopods in there.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
which thread did you read about the b. fumigata that eat another roach? i am curious and now kinda worry. Can you take a picture of your natural set up? i want to get an idea of how to set it up, bcause i might just make one when i have the time. I only have 3 b. fumigata in the colony right now, if they do good and behave, then i'll get some more. if not, then they are gonna have to go:eek: