The next phase

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So far in my journey, I have been very successful. 3 out of 4 egg sacs were successful, and all babies inside were looking great. There are around 150 A versicolor babies, and 100 "Usumbara" babies. Here are a few pics that you can see.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Usumbara babies as of 5 days ago. You can see the Webing they have done

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What sort of material are you using for the hammock in those shots?

Nice achievements, btw.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chip,
that is game bag mesh. You can buy it at any outdoor sports stores. It works really well and doesnt get moist like paper towls. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They look so cute as hatchlings and babies... That is great! Congrats!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I dont understand. Where is the egg sac, do you take the eggs completly out of the sac?

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Philth
Yes, when you hammok babies you take them all out of the egg sac. They seem to be easier to care for that way.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Please tell me more...., Do you turn them?, when do you take the sac from the mother, what temp. do you keep them at? None of them fall through the little holes in that hammock? Sorry i havent had much expierance breeding. But i think my blondi is gravid. Thanks for the great pics and info.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Philth,
The egg sacs all stayed with there mothers for 30 days +. All the hammoked eggs are kept at 80% F, in my closet. So far since I doubled up the fabric on the hammok(not seen in the versicolor pic) non have fallen through. If you get a T blondi sac, I would cosult someone who has experience with them as I havn't.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
thanks for the advice, but do you turn them in that hammock?

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How old are the A. versicolor's in the photo?
Thanks
Justyn

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Brandon,
that is awesome! I'm hoping to have eggs with legs soon too, if all goes well ;)

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Holly, thank you, and best of luck with your/my eggs ;)

Justyn,
Those there in the pictures we around 40 days old, there now around 45.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My versicolor eggs are about 30 days old, I've had one early bloomer go through its first molt and it got its legs about a week ago and is already walking around. A couple more eggs are about to pop, and hopefully within 1-2 weeks all of them will have gotten their legs. I am keeping them at 80 degrees F. and 78 % humidity. What temp are you keeping yours at?
Thanks
Justyn

P.S. Hope you eggs keep doing well. I am currently waiting on a couple greenbottle blue egg sacks, we ahve been seeming to produce these guys in numbers lately.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Intense Herp
Mine are kept at 80 degrees as well, best of luck to you and those Egg sacs as well.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
80 degrees here as well, mom is still on the sac though, as of Sat it will be 21 days. I'm thinking of pulling it at 30 days....