The new pedes

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry Gavin, couldn't get any good pics of the biggest dehaani.
Burrowed immediately!!

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thats pretty bad in my honest opinion!!
Yeah, it certainly wasn't very fun. I consider my pain tolerance threshold slightly higher than average, and the muscle pain that tiny pedeling gave me kept me awake for hours that night.

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, it certainly wasn't very fun. I consider my pain tolerance threshold slightly higher than average, and the muscle pain that tiny pedeling gave me kept me awake for hours that night.

Thats pretty scary and intensive!! Im sure a full grown adult would put anyone in the hospital... I had a vietnamese giant pede (Scolopendra subspinipes) and im sure they pack a punch!! Need to go look in the bite thread for a report on these, but im not the type to hold pedes or mess around.. glad your ok though.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude, I would strongly discourage handling the adult female S. alternans. This is what one of her 1-inch pedelings did to me:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=191179
Yeah I know, I read the bite report.
Just had to try though.;P
I never actually handled her, she was on a glove most of the time (me not wearing it) or on the couch, and not at all nervous.
Knowing how bad the bite can be though... I probably won't ever try, nor with the pokies.