The MOST docile T EVER!! E. campestratus

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've had two of these and I've never come across T's this calm and docile. I think these should the 1st on any beginners list. I've been dealing w/ t's for awhile now and I still adore these beauties!!

[YOUTUBE]11BNKULwFx0[/YOUTUBE]

puck4u

Arachnopeon
I agree... I have had mine for 2 weeks now and I love her. Her temperment is identical and she is the MOST mellow T in my collection. Never a hesitation to hold her (although I dont handle much). I suggest the E. campastratus to ANYONE just starting out.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now I have a new mission, I need to get one of these. I have heard they were calm but I didn't think to that extent! Thanks for sharing.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It always surprises me when these aren't on beginner lists. While I've never handled my lovely lady, I've tidied her cage and filled her dish with her standing inches away, and she doesn't move a hair. Plus, she's gorgeous.

Gaston

Arachnopeon
The E. campestratus species are sweet and very docile T
Thank you for share this video with us, your T look happy...

Gaston

bmitchell

Arachnopeon
Wow, and I thought my A. Metallica was really docile. This is crazy. If I were to stroke it's fangs like that I'd for sure get at least an extension of them if not a bite. She hasn't poo'ed me yet though.

For sure should be on beginner's lists.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:clap:

Captive Inverts should have some for sale soon :D

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice video! Makes you really appreciate how cool that T is. This is now on my list of T's to get. Thanks for sharing!:D

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Yes we should. 100+ eggs with legs right now. Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date. We release everything on Facebook before anywhere else.

sinflspeed

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to agree. Pink Zebra Beauty is one of the nicest species in the trade. It is definitely a must have in anyones collection

As Brandon mentioned we have a sac of 100+ that is currently in the incubator and is 3 days into eggs with legs. I do not have a final count but it was a decent sized sac so there are going to be some to go around.

Niki, thanks for the plug. We will be saving a free sling for you on your next order from CaptiveInverts.com

Also, any new updates are posted to our FB page so feel free to follow us there.

Ben

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have to agree. Pink Zebra Beauty is one of the nicest species in the trade. It is definitely a must have in anyones collection

As Bradon mentioned we have a sac of 100+ that is currently in the incubator and is 3 days into eggs with legs. I do not have a final count but it was a decent sized sac so there are going to be some to go around.

Niki, thanks for the plug. We will be saving a free sling for you on your next order from Captiveinverts.com

Also, any new updates are posted to our FB page so feel free to follow us there.

Ben
Awww! Thanks!

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes we should. 100+ eggs with legs right now. Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date. We release everything on Facebook before anywhere else.
I'll keep an eye out!!
Seems that these were pretty common a few years back, but not so much anymore.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
The PZB is definitely on my list of Ts I want, too. They are such a lovely species and I can't wait til I find one! :D

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is the species that won my wife's heart into the world of tarantulas. When we were dating I had a PZB that was so docile you could literally roll it around in your hand and it would do nothing. It didn't seem to care at all what you did with it, and never displayed any attempt to defend itself.

I actually got her to hold it after she saw how gentle it was....great species.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Whew!! When I just saw how many people had commented on this since I posted before I went to bed last night I was scared I had started another handling debate thread.:eek:

Thanks for all of the compliments!

I usually don't handle my T's that often. Before last weekend when I took her to work to show her off to everyone I hadn't held any in several months. I really enjoy educating others about our amazing little niche hobby and debunking peoples fears of T's and handling them in a safe manner seems to help a lot w/ that IME.

To Fran: NO!!!:p She's my girl.{D;P

By the way, I never thought I would be able to rub a T's fangs like I did on the video.