The MOST docile T EVER!! E. campestratus

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Whew!! When I just saw how many people had commented on this since I posted before I went to bed last night I was scared I had started another handling debate thread.:eek:
Nah, It is good to have an ambassador species, to show that tarantulas are not the demons your average person thinks they are. Personally, I am a sissy when it come to handling, I've really only handled avics. I'd like to have a tarantula that docile, just to prove a point once in a blue moon.
She is a gorgeous girl, thanks for sharing!

sfpearl300z

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet!

My whole collection is scorpions but have been looking into my first T...somewhere along the lines of the tarantula equivalence of an emperor...

Anyone have one for sale? I'll buy one immediately!

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sweet!

My whole collection is scorpions but have been looking into my first T...somewhere along the lines of the tarantula equivalence of an emperor...

Anyone have one for sale? I'll buy one immediately!
There are some people that posted in this thread that said they'll have slings available soon.:D

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are awesome. This T, probably more so cause of the unique common name than anything else, got my wife a little bit interested in the hobby. So I have big respect for it and they really are one of the most docile, to boot.

Hey Smitty, I sent you a PM.

NChromatus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amazingly docile

We have several and they're all extremely calm. The only time they can be slightly scary is when males get hungry. The males grow pretty quickly and have a big appetite, so they tend to hunt aggressively and you don't want to get your fingers in there while they're doing so. :p

There will be slings available for shipping within the next two to three weeks. Smitty78 and and sinflspeed have some, as do my girlfriend and I. You can see my For Sale thread, with some pics, here:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=192925

Our first sac! Check it out. :)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What about B Smithi, or B Emelia?
They're usually docile as well, but neither of mine have exhibited the level of calmness that the PZB in the video did. I'm sure there are some out there that will be this calm. However, I've had two E. camps that have both been this docile.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pzb

I find that they are kind of rare nowadays. I have a pretty fair colllection of NW's but haven't run across one yet.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They may be coming back around, one of the dealers at a show last week had a big stack of WC adults for $30. Five or six years ago they were pretty commonly available, don't know why they went away.
Back then the first one I ever tried to handle pulled a threat display and took a swipe at me, I bought a relatively calm A. seemani instead, lol.

Bill

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I find that they are kind of rare nowadays. I have a pretty fair colllection of NW's but haven't run across one yet.
I've seen them at the last 3 shows I've been to, plus several in the classifieds. And all kinds of slings now, too, which is awesome, as I could never find one before.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A. chalcodes is often that calm.
This isn't such a rare thing.